interfacing 89c51 to tlv 5613 & to PC via USB

Hi all. im a BE instrumentation student. I've not worked much on microcontrollers... so if this sounds lame, well, i AM a newbie to this. I've worked a little on 8051. Now, my project requires me to interface an 8 bit microcontroller (atmel 89c51) with a 12 bit dac (tlv

5613) and also to PC via USB. I don't know head or tail of interfacing but am working hard to learn within the short span of time. Do please help me out on where i can find information regarding the same.

Thanks a lot.

ciao

Reply to
iskulkarni

The DAC is no real problem but the USB is a whole new ball game. You will not be able to interface USB directly to the Atmel 89c51 but there are 8051 variants with built in USB interfaces. Google will help you here.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Or the quick way is to use an FDTI serial to usb converer

Reply to
Neil