interfacing mobile to a microcontroller/PC

Hi guys,

Is there any way by which I can interface a mobile phone to a microcontroller or PC ?

I am working on a hobby project where my objective is to ask the mobile to send an SMS to a particular number. I have a PC/microcontroller that would some how direct the mobile phone to send some specific message to a specific number.

Alos, if some message is recieved on the mobile, it should send the contents along with the sender number to PC via some interface, where the message will be stored in PC harddisk or microcontroller memory.

Is there any way this can be done ? Is there any I can interface the mobile to a PC or some microcontroller.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks for any help in advance ....

Reply to
junky_fellow

Which moble phone ??

Which country ??

If your in the US, I have not found any phone here that can send messages by an off the shelf cell phone and serial cable.

This looks interesting, but I have not used it:

Donald

WinCE / Symbian / Brew / other Mobile Headset OS have some SDK/toolset for doing this. You just need to do some Application level programming on the Mobile side and an application in the language you prefer on the PC side.

Need to understand some basics about SMS via google and Understand the setting up of the development environment for your mobile.

Best Regards, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

You can interface some models to a serial port or USB. You can also interface to a celluar provider over the Internet for sending SMS to other phones. Here's an API description from one of the local providers here in Norway:

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

You should look for a GSM/GPRS phone which has a serial port in the accessory connector.

Many such devices has "data cables" which can be connected to a serial port of a PC - Or your embedded system.

Then you need to send AT commands to the Phone.

There are GPRS module available where most of this stuff actually is documented...

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

See M2M-Manager for GSM and CDMA networks at

Peter

Reply to
John

Ulf Samuelsson skrev:

Exactly! Look into the GSM/3GPP specification called TS 27.005 and find what you need.

Br Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Lykkeberg