Good vendor for faceplates

We're looking for a good vendor for small
to medium size faceplates.  Here's what we
need:

1. Good service on orders of 100-250 units
2. Do paint/powdercoat finish with emi masking
3. Do epoxy silkscreen on top of finish
4. Work from Autocad fab drawing and Illustrator/
    .PDF silkscreen art.

Anyone have a shop they love?

jim

Re: Good vendor for faceplates
http://www.frontpanelexpress.com /

Re: Good vendor for faceplates

Front Panel Express may not be exactly what the OP was looking for, given
the requirement for painting and silkscreening, but for machined and
engraved panels I agree that they are good. I have used them on several
projects now and found the results to be first class.

Re: Good vendor for faceplates

    Looks interesting, too bad they're still stuck with Windows.

-- Regards, Albert
Re: Good vendor for faceplates

Speaking of which, has anyone come across some kind of
adhesive-backed plastic (produced by 3M?) that can have
legends "printed" on it and then stuck to a front panel?
We stumbled across a local shop that would do this quite
a number of years ago but the shop went out of business
before we tried it and have never been able to find a
reference to the process since.

Re: Good vendor for faceplates
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:33:18 PST, snipped-for-privacy@iwvisp.com (Everett M.

I've printed a mirror image of the artwork on overhead transparency
film, then glued that to a panel using a 3M spray adhesive.  I don't
think you'd want to do that on a commercial product, but it's OK for
internal use (and a lot easier than Letraset!)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
Re: Good vendor for faceplates

No, but there are various thermal transfer methods you could try
(thermal transfer T-shirt paper, for instance).

Re: Good vendor for faceplates

We use Chapco, in Danbury(?) CT. They do all that and more, and they
have pretty good service even on small orders.

Site Timeline