CF card interfacing problems

Hi all,
My board has a CF-slot which conforms to the CF/CF+ 2.0
specifications.I am trying to interface a SanDisk or Lexar CF (Type I)
card to the slot and configure it into the true-IDE mode of operation
(which should compulsarily be supported by all CF 2.0 compliant storage
cards with the possible exception of CF+ card).
I have the following queries:
1.How do I find out whether my card follows CF or CF+ specification
which version etc.?
2.Assuming it does follow the CF spec.,is there a way I can ensure that
the card goes into true-IDE mode on power cycle (I'm ensuring that OE-
is let low during powering up the card as reuired by the 2.0 document).

regards,
KV

Re: CF card interfacing problems
Hi KV

It would help a lot if you would specify wether this is a custom board
you designed and you are experiencing problems in getting interfacing
to the CF to work, or if it's a board you bought made by someone else
and you experinence setup/config/driver problems etc.

For true IDE mode it does not matter cause this is the mode that was
default and available with all CF cards ever since.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the CF cards you
mention or any other CF card you can buy these days. The problem must
be somewhere else. Again, you are not specific enough - please clarify
what board, what you are trying to do, if you just write software for
it etc. etc.

HTH

Markus

Site Timeline