* WARNING * Capacitors will explode this week

The government has issued an alert to notify people that aging
capacitors are expected to explode this week. They are not sure why this
is happening at this time, but said that this coming week is the most
likely time that capacitors will begin to explode.

Small capacitors, (less than one inch in size) will explode which will
emit toxic fumes and may cause a fire. Large capacitors can explode in a
manner similar to a stick of dynamite, possibly killing people and
destroying structures.

Electronic devices containing capacitors DO NOT need to be connected to
an electrical source to explode. It's a chemical reaction, and applied
power is not necessary to cause deadly explosions.

If you have any electronics in your home or office, which is likely to
contain capacitors, REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. Get it as far away from
homes, and other buildings as quickly as possible. DO NOT DELAY.

The following is a partial list of electronics which contain capacitors:

Televisions
Radios
Cellphones
Computers
Microwave ovens
Clocks
Stereos
PA Equipment
Guitar Amps
Hearing aids
Medical monitoring electronics
Refrigerators
Electric ranges
HVAC equipment
Automobiles
CB Radios
Digital Cameras
LED lights (including flashlights)
Automotive testers
Telephone gear
Electronic doorbell chimes
Heart pacemakers
Electronic games and toys
Electric meters
Electric water pumps
Anything containing an electric motor

And much more.....

ACT NOW - DO NOT DELAY!

Re: * WARNING * Capacitors will explode this week

<
https://memeguy.com/photos/thumbs/brace-yourselvestomorrow-99412.jpg

Re: * WARNING * Capacitors will explode this week

No, I don't think removing my pacemaker would be a good idea.  Nothing
else in the list is inside me, so no need to remove them, either.

Re: * WARNING * Capacitors will explode this week

Done. All safely at the bottom of our swimming pool now!

Re: * WARNING * Capacitors will explode this week

Ha, ha, nice one!

Happy April Fools to you too.

John ;-#)#

Re: * WARNING * Capacitors will explode this week

...but back in the real world a capacitor is blamed for an exploding train:

www.gov.uk/government/news/report-052018-explosion-inside-an-underframe-equipment-case-at-guildford

John

Re: * WARNING * Capacitors will explode this week
   my CAPACITY for belief of the above is sufficient to store (maybe)
one electron.

Site Timeline