OT? Rigol clearance

Any American can petition their government any time they like - AFAIK everyone's congressman or woman does have a mailing address.

America was never founded on the principle that every nobody with a grudge and an InfoWars.com bookmark in their browser should be appointed hearing officers, have the undivided attention of the school board and government officials, and otherwise immediately be treated like a big shot with something important or relevant to say.

Reply to
bitrex

Both global warming (if it indeed exists) and evolution are poorly understood, hardly hard "truth", so admitting uncertainty is in fact good science.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'd support any such bill that appointed a hearing officer to objections raised about public school science curriculums. From actual scientists.

This bill isn't actually about science, it's about swamping the school board in endless petitions and objections that they must by law respond to, and compromising their ability to perform actual work. After that you then complain about how ineffective public schools are at education.

It's just the usual Conservative power-play tactic. Totally standard issue.

Reply to
bitrex

..and this opens the means to petition the school board. Nothing more.

Utter nonsense.

Reply to
krw

So who chooses these "actual scientists"? Government? Kinda like AGW "scientists"?

No, if that's what it is, it's the left's tactic thrown back in their face. You can dish it out but certainly can't take the smallest challenge to your "superiority".

Reply to
krw

Ah, looks like we got the type that berates the coffee shop cashier because the chain should really serve pumpkin spice seven months out of the year instead of five and why are the prices so high, anyway?

That's always a joy.

Reply to
bitrex

The state medical board would find it absurd that they should be required to he consider objections to state healthcare policy from random non-doctors. The state bar association would find it absurd that they should be required to accept objections to matters of legal policy from non-lawyers. In many states these too are taxpayer-funded institutions.

If you feel so strongly that scientific consensus is incorrect then certainly putting in the work required to obtain the credentials to objectively prove to observers that one at least has the fundamentals of the discipline down enough to present a coherent rebuttal doesn't seem like too much to ask. Otherwise one can only assume that you don't really care about the science that much.

Reply to
bitrex

In industies that teach, practice & promote garbage, obtaining an ology is not the solution and not necessary to show such is bunk.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If the conclusion is "I won't investigate it because it's bunk, and it's bunk because it's not worth my time to investigate" then I suppose one can hardly argue.

Reply to
bitrex

Do you ever read what you write? Does it ever make sense to you?

Reply to
krw

You bet I'd like the state healthcare policy makers to hear from non-doctors before making decisions that affect me. To do otherwise is just nuts! Of course you are, so...

Like AGW? You really are a moron.

Reply to
krw

Actually it was. When the US was formed anyone and everyone (assuming you were free, white and male) were entitled to speak your mind in the public square and because there were so fewer people around, you would be heard. The problem is today it is so much harder to be heard by anyone who matters. The way to be heard today is to arouse the passions of a larger group and create a media sensation. In some cases this is done in the context of a political campaign in others it can be an individual crying out in the darkness of the Internet where they are heard by those on the fringes of audibility who pass on the cry to those around them and so on until large groups of popular thought arise.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Thank you for making my point for me. Want a banana?

--

Rick C
Reply to

John Larkin wrote on 7/2/2017 10:18 AM:

Absolutely right... well, you left off a few words... "by John Larkin".

--

Rick C
Reply to

A lady I dated had nieces and nephews who had been indoctrinated by her brother into handing out religious pamphlets. On receiving one in front of some of the family and told to read it I said, "I will be sure to give this all the consideration it deserves."

--

Rick C
Reply to

Yup, you could do that then and still can, someone or other will probably hear you. AFAIK even in the 1700s there was no requirement that the your local governing body send a representative down to take careful notes on it.

Yeah, almost like they'd prefer to spend their time listening to other people who matter and not nobodies. There's zero point in having a constitutional Republic and the hierarchical power structure that comes with it if anyone can just walk into Abraham Lincoln's office and start slapping down lists of their demands.

Yes, organizing is how democratic politics, and society, and life, works. If you, on an individual level, want something different then you write your congressman. Or get lots of people to write their congesspeople. Or become a congressman. You have to get up off your butt and do something real - low-effort randos with grudges aren't entitled to automatically get personal interviews with elected officials to air their grievances, not even with the school board.

It's not that hard, even a bunch of goonie Trump supporters worked at it harder than the Clinbots and managed to get themselves the goonie President that they've always wanted.

Reply to
bitrex

Fine. If you're a registered voter in that county, you get one vote.

I don't recall lodging that complaint.

Every group jockeys for power. But there's nothing wrong with presenting alternate views, even religious ones. Not everyone pretends to be a scientist; some people prefer other faiths.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Well gee whiz Your Majesty, certainly let everyone know how best to accommodate your needs and we'll get right on that!

Reply to
bitrex

Yeah, it seems like engineers sometimes do think of themselves more as mystics than applied scientists.

That's fine, it's fine to have any alternative views you like and present them. In church

Reply to
bitrex

John Larkin wrote on 7/2/2017 12:34 PM:

Too bad we can't find a way to do that in the presidential election.

Huh? So when teaching Physics we should include religious views?

--

Rick C
Reply to