OT? Rigol clearance

I'm not surprised.

But most people are surprised by the possibility that we have three eyes, where the third eye is a good illustration of how evolution can happen.

The significance is solely - but importantly - in the context of those that claim "full eyes couldn't have evolved from fractional eyes, because only full eyes are useful; therefore evolution couldn't have produced us".

It destroys one typical argument used by those that don't believe we could have been implemented by a "*Blind* Watchmaker".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Oh wow! ROFL You have found just one creationist molecular biologist who can't understand some of our metabolic pathways and so throws his hands into the air claiming "Goddidit" and you believe him immediately.

Science works by patiently building the scaffolds needed to understand how things work by observation and experiment. I can't believe that you can imagine such cherry picked claims by a creationist have anything other that amusement value. His lack of imagination is no reason to discard the likelihood of a better molecular biologist who is not shackled and blinkered by creationism solving the problem in future.

It is often hard looking at the final structure to see how the scaffold that allowed it to arise must have looked in the past.

It is a great way to avoid scientific progress if you blame everything that you don't understand on "God's will" and look no further.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

If you can prove that then it is up to you to do so. What "solution" is well known and well proven? Getting people to exercise a little more and eat less junk food saturated with fat and sugar might help but it doesn't seem to fly as the long queues at junk food vendors testify.

I find the painkiller market pretty dire in terms of creating a new opiate addictions problem across the pill popping USA that has taken a fair number of high profile casualties too. If you can pay you can get.

I don't think it is all that corrupt. There are checks and balances which together with scientific method do eventually weed out anything that demonstrably doesn't work. It has taken a heck of a long time for the NHS to finally abandon and disown homoeopathy though.

Cuba has a health system that is surprisingly good. America has one that is surprisingly corrupt and mainly profit oriented. UK is somewhere in between although not necessarily optimal it isn't at all bad either.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

I don't know what that means in practice. I'm not going to personally fund a huge trial.

some societies do better at that than others.

so you keep saying.

It takes a heck of a long time for a lot of things to disappear. Lifetimes, generations sometimes. It's far too slow.

We use most of the same treatments the US does fwiw.

No system that I know of is all bad. So what.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

There's much I've not answered so far. If you want to know the missing bits you could drop me an email, I check this address occasionally.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr