Rigol DS1074Z

sci.electronics.design Rigol DS1074Z scope

The DS1074Z is currently recording a sweep of 12 seconds total on 1 channel with the memory depth set at 12 million pts. Then the storage button is pressed and the various steps are taken which should result in writing that data to the flash card attached via USB. But..., a "saving failed" message is shown for about a second and then the "disk management" screen is shown with "ups..." where the 2 "disks" are expected. I've written "newfolder1" to the flash card inadvertantly and moved the card to a pc to erase it, which suggests that the DS1074Z is talking to the card & the USB port. Anyone have an idea of the cause of the "saving failed" message or the meaning of "ups..." might be?

Hul

Reply to
Hul Tytus

No idea... I've got an old TEK that has trouble taking to the usb. Cleaning contacts with IPA/ cotton swab usually helps.

Can you write smaller files? Save 'scope shots? Did you try a different usb/ flash card? (My TEk can't write to bigger size drives.)

You might find more rigol users on the eevblog forum.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

George - the fault proved to be a flash card that the DS1074 didn't like, similar to the causes you mentioned. I had found a PC that hung (hanged?) on that card so I tried another on the Rigol & that worked. Sometime soon I'll check if the scope looks at the bootable/not-bootable bit on the root sector; the PC looked like it might have gotten lost trying to boot from the flash card.

Hul

George Herold wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

We bought a basket full of small usb drives 1Gb. Our 'scopes and other stuff pukes on bigger sizes. (we ship 'em with an SRS spectrum analyzer, that formats them as 720 Kbtes (? or some number?) floppy drives.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold