Dot allowed as characters allowed in netlist?

Got to be thankful for the little thing. They are $100 versions, marginal production quality in the welds and other things but they work and sure look much more expensive than they were. The plastic ones can't hack it because wort (the "soup" after brewing and before fermenting) is aggressive in its pH value and etches into the plastic over time. ============================================================

What size buckets? Have you looked at cheap stock pots? HarborFreight has a 4 pot set (6, 8, 12, 16 qt) stainless steel set for $22. One reviewer complained that the handle rivets were aluminum so you might need to replace those, but hey, you get lids! :-) Lowes has a 40 qt for $60 that they say can be used for brewing up to 7 gallon batches. Anyway, just a thought.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

7 gallons.

Those don't work well because you need a seal. This is what I got:

For brewing I have an aluminum 13 gallon Tamale steamer pot that was on sale for $30 plus tax at Forklift. It is wide enough so I can place two

1kW electric burners from Walmart underneath, back to back and plugged into different circuits.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

We go to BevMo. Or GPS.

or The Dovre Club, except it's really hard to park around there.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

We just go into our basement :-)

There are usually a few hundred bottles with all kinds of homebrew. Store-bought beer even of the finer kind doesn't taste as fresh anymore since I started brewing again. I guess the main reason is bottle carbonation which the large breweries usually don't do anymore for cost reasons.

We also haven't bought bread in a long time because the trub (fermentation remnant) gets turned into hearty and crunchy bread. Minus whatever I harvest off to net some yeast for the next batches.

Here I am sitting doing RF design when I really want to be ... brewing.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

7 gallons.

Those don't work well because you need a seal. This is what I got:

For brewing I have an aluminum 13 gallon Tamale steamer pot that was on sale for $30 plus tax at Forklift. It is wide enough so I can place two

1kW electric burners from Walmart underneath, back to back and plugged into different circuits.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Oh well, I assumed that when you said "bucket" you meant a bucket, not a
sealable fermentation vessel.  Back to lurking for me.
Reply to
Carl Ijames

Yes. As is, much harder than the 4k7.

Screen resolutions, colours, positions, glasses, all effect the result.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

Den mandag den 12. marts 2018 kl. 01.05.11 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

lleman:

cross

use a

,215" in

ts all

ootprint

L" or

  1. > >> >> > But decimal points are necesssary. We haven't seen any problems w

ith

500.jpg

I believe engineering format for 0.5 would be 500m

do you put ?/F/H after every component value?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It's worse. LTSpice cannot distinguish between milli and mega if you use m and M. It'll always see that as milli. You have to write MEG or e6, else it'll go wrong.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Not in the schematics but in module specs I do because those are also read by non-EEs. It has sometimes resulted in engineers asking me how I got the Omega symbol in there since it's not on a US keyboard. No kidding.

I was sometimes tempted to respond that I imported a keyboard from Greece for that :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg
[snip]

Common problem with all Berkeley-related spice variants... case-independent.

I personally have no problem coping with "m" and "MEG"... but beware those model farts from a Phoenix company which has more PhD's than posterior orifices >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I have found bugs in netlists. Mostly where wires looked like they connected to a component but didn't. I check every schematic on all my designs against the netlist by hand. Doing one right now. It's tedious grunt work but better safe that sorry.

On the last one I found a bug that was my fault. The eye sight isn't getting better and I thought one node was connected to -12V where in reality it was +12V. Going through the netlist that jumped right at me ... whew.

Down to my last crayon pencil now. It is still from my old 1st grade kit and I thought they'd last until retirement. A new set of 12 is en route from China, $1.87 free ship, couldn't believe it. That should last me for netlist checks until I am 120.

It was worse in the old days. Often a schematic said .001 with no units whatsoever and you had to guess from the function of the circuit what that meant. Not a problem for us seasoned guys but that could throw freshly minted engineers a curve.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Am 13.03.2018 um 22:20 schrieb Joerg:

That is the correct behavior. Changing that would break old decks that used to work for 40 years.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

The set just arrived. The orange pencil has the exact same color is my last one from the 60's. Amazing.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

missing connections to a component should be caught by ERC

that is hard to catch, sorta a like spellchecker can't pick the right word for you

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Some bad schematic software, like OrCad, allowed one to miss a connection by a single pixel, and get an open circuit. LT Spice can do things like that. PADS does not allow a wire to terminate into free space; every wire end must terminate connected to a part pin, or a big fat dot to another wire. It's impossible to create an open end or a free-floating wire segment.

I don't manually check PCB netlists for connectivity; it's never wrong. I do sometimes read a netlist to make sure I haven't mis-named nets, like CLOCK12 on one sheet and CLK12 on another.

Just yesterday Mo gave me a new box of Crayola colored pencils. I love colored pencils. She sure knows how to make a boy happy.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

How does that work?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Ah, that's another good bugaboo, Unicode compatibility. That's something Altium's been dragging on for over a decade (finally fixed in AD18). In these long-since-WinXP days it seems so ordinary to have Unicode support. Yet so many programs screw it up so badly.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

029 keypunch machines didn't have lowercase.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On a schematic, we'll show 15nF or 12uH.

We show resistors as

10m or 0.5R or 22.5R or 15.3K or 499K or 10M or 2G.

Actually, each part on a schematic is defined by an HTI attribute which is our company stock number. A 49.9K 0805 1% resistor is stock number 132-6671, which is what appears on the BOM and controls what manufacturing actually puts on a board. The VALUE attribute "49.9K" is essentially a comment. I did write a little PowerBasic program that checks the visible values on a schematic against the parts database to make sure they agree.

There's a lot more to a part than its value.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

:-))

Almost spilled my glass of water here ...

But yeah, got to keep the old stuff humming. We still fly DC-3's in the US, profitably.