Subject Author Posted Replies

Conspiracy Theories Explained
Sounds more like a discourse in entomology, some people around here are dre aming if they think they have free will, or even consciousness: Published on May 21, 2014 After Cass Sunstein co-wrote...
19
19

Does APC _really_ sell UPSes?
I have wasted many hours (as well as phone calls to Addis Ababa) in attempts to BUY a BX500CI configured for 240VAC at 50Hz for use in Addis Ababa. Such a beast is not available in the USA, as all...
26
26

Replacing a 3ph motor with single phase
I need to provide jog function on a machine (run the motor for a few seconds under load) without use of VFD**. It was done on this small printing press Is there any inherent issue with starting an...
28
28

Modify an ETD49 bobbin for 2 sections
Hi, Sourcing 2-sectioned ETD49 bobbins which applies to my specifications seems hard. Therefore I need your all wild ideas how to modify a standard 1-section ETD49 bobbin, making it supporting two...
5
5

OT: CH4 Trap.
Where can I find a good steep-sided CH4 trap filter? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...
27
27

How do you turn a camera into a 'mouse'?
How do you turn a camera into a mouse? like those infrared mice that seem to look at the patterns going by, how do you point a camera at the floor, move it x-y position, and make it act like a 'giant'...
65
65

Blasting Rock With a Bullet
Backyard rock blasting using micro-explosives.
13
13

Climate change is already beginning to affect plants and animals that live in freshwater lakes and rivers
Climate change is already beginning to affect plants and animals that live in freshwater lakes and rivers, altering their habitat and bringing life-threatening stress and disease. Only an idiot would...
20
20

Re: Brisbane hits coldest temperature in 103 years
You fail to understand that climate and weather are different. Weather is an immediate occurrence, while climate is a long term trend. Once you finally understand what you are talking about, you will...
12
12

LED driver
I might design a box that has a 5000 volt power supply inside. I was thinking that I could have a warning LED (or two independent ones, for redundancy) that indicate that HV is present. It could be...
316
316

Full Negative-Going Waveform From Sound Card
I understand the output from PC sound cards swings positive and negative (push-pull) with respect to the audio ground. My objective is to create a complex audio signal in a graphical editor, such as...
21
21

Is there a Kickstarter to help fund this?
I think we need one. Protecting the boarders is one of the first things on the the to do list for the Federal government, instead their busy wrecking hard drives.
2
2

Blistering Hot Future Summers Interactive Map
Models show summers are going to keep warming as emissions continue. See what this warming will feel like.
11
11

Practical PCB Production Soldering?
I have a rather large metal plate with PCB's mounted on it, mainly as a power distribution "cable." There is Silicone involved, but since that stuff is good to 300 C, I'm not too worried. Using Ag-Sn...
11
11

bring in outside air with out the out side humidity
Has one yet come up with a way to bring in outside air but not the humidity with it? I would like to move fresh air around in my basement, I don't care about the temperature but I don't want to make...
36
36