Subject Author Posted Replies

Universal tester, puzzled
This place again... I don't see how its supposed to work at all. Do you? NT
4
4

PIR module circuit
Could some electronics guru please help ? Standard PIR modules (e.g., BS1600 or BS1700) are somewhat expensive for what they do. Could someone please direct me to a circuit diagram for any of these...
1
1

LCD cleaning
Hi, I've always advocated "100 proof"[1] alcohol and a microfiber rag to clean LCD monitors. Is there a commercial product (that doesn't have silly additives, dyes, etc.) that I can recommend to a...
66
66

opamp thermal errors
Opamps usually have specs for Vos, Vos tempco, Theta-ja, and max power dissipation. But nobody seems to talk about input offset as a function of power dissipation. The concern here is thermoelectrics...
26
26

Adjustable AC power supply
An adjustable 30V AC power supply sounded like a cool thing to have on the bench, so I decided to throw together figure 3 on this web page: I used a few junk box substitutions for the BC550B and the...
7
7

LTspice simulation is taking too long to run
Greetings people ! So lately, I have been working on my Sigma Delta ADC and before going advan ce, I wanted to have a base model WORKING (1ST ORDER, 3 bit digital output) . The circuit is quite...
11
11

Big ship at Marina
Hi Bob, Eastern ship builders brought a ship to the marina today. Take a look, West side. Mikek
13
13

RMS jitter
I should know this, but it's easy to ask. Assume the rising edge of a pulse that is delayed from a trigger, and that has 1 ns p-p jitter relative to trigger, with a uniform probability distribution....
7
7

Sample & Hold, did they go out with the buggy whip?
Hi Folks, Got to conserve some energy in a micro-powered mote. One place to cut is a sensor that's a power hog. So we want to briefly power it, sample, hold, turn the sensor power off and then let a...
86
86

OT: Tianjin explosion
This video compilation is pretty intense - I'm surprised the cameraman in the third clip made it out alive (assuming so since we're watching his recording)...
93
93

appropriate carrier frequency for Modulation
Hi I would like to know can anyone explain to me is there any way to figure out the appropriate carrier frequency(For modulation) for a given signal frequency response and bandwidth and channel...
15
15

2N2369 reverse Vbe avalanching, consequences?
Folks, I'd like to use a MMBT2369 in a design where there are no protection diodes. Mainly because the not so well performing FET that was in there had one integrated. So, in order to get very low...
99
99

PowerSonic
Hi, I've got lots of UPS's, here. Probably a dozen or so. Almost all are 1500VA units but typically see only a third/half of that. They serve the purpose of giving me "extra outlets", a single...
18
18

How to generate ODB++ from older PADS version?
Folks, A contract assembler wants ODB++ and my layouter uses PADS 3.1 which can't do that on its own. Does anyone know how a trick to generate this output from a PADS 3.1 file?
11
11

Help required in designing symbol for a circuit (LTspice)
Greetings, hope you people are in Good health and good mood ! I am working on a Sigma Delta ADC as final year project and it requires op- amps. The component section has the required ones but we need...
5
5