Help required in designing symbol for a circuit (LTspice)

Greetings, hope you people are in Good health and good mood !

I am working on a Sigma Delta ADC as final year project and it requires op- amps. The component section has the required ones but we need to have modif ied op-amps (most of which are found in the example folders). We made them work but the problem is that we are not allowed to use the entire circuit o f every component but rather their blocks/symbols.

I am trying to get the symbol by following this tutorial

but I think I am missing somewhere

Here are the screenshots

Please help out here. Thanks !

Reply to
MUHAMMAD FAHAD BHUTTA

No screenshots (binaries) allowed on S.E.D

You can automatically make LTspice symbols if a rectangular symbol is satisfactory.

All you need is the first few lines of the subcircuit declaration...

.SUBCKT SubcktName Node1 Node2 Node3... PARAMS: PARAM1=PARAM1Value

  • PARAM2=PARAM2Value...

Open the file containing this line with LTspice. Place cursor at beginning of _first_ line. Right click and you will be asked if you want to create a symbol. Click yes, and it will appear in the directory...

C:\YourPathTo\LTspiceIV\lib\sym\AutoGenerated

If you want fancy graphics you'll have to learn the draw tools.

Or, for a fee, I can make the symbols for you ;-) ...Jim Thompson

op-amps. The component section has the required ones but we need to have mo dified op-amps (most of which are found in the example folders). We made th em work but the problem is that we are not allowed to use the entire circui t of every component but rather their blocks/symbols.

Gee thanks , this thing is actually working. Thanks.... I will post the sym bols I will make to get some appreciation from you :P

Thanks again !

Reply to
MUHAMMAD FAHAD BHUTTA

op-amps. The component section has the required ones but we need to have mo dified op-amps (most of which are found in the example folders). We made th em work but the problem is that we are not allowed to use the entire circui t of every component but rather their blocks/symbols.

Here, this is my first actual WORKING symbol of 4-input NAND gate

ring

I should consider getting it patented though :P

Thanks again !

Reply to
MUHAMMAD FAHAD BHUTTA

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 02:35:15 -0700 (PDT), MUHAMMAD FAHAD BHUTTA Gave us:

JT at his asshole best.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

[snip]

You're welcome! That's one of the nicer features of LTspice!

The only complaint I have is if you have a DIL/DIP part, say 14-pin and its subckt is...

.SUBCKT sample 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

LTspice will "draw" the symbol...

1 8 2 9 3 10 4 11 5 12 6 13 7 14

So I have to rearrange as...

1 14 2 13 3 12 4 11 5 10 6 9 7 8

Or rewrite the declaration as...

.SUBCKT sample 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 13 12 11 10 9 8

That's why, in many of my published subcircuits, you will see...

.SUBCKT sample 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ; PSpice

  • .SUBCKT sample 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 ; LTspice | |

...Jim Thompson