Big ship at Marina

Hi Bob, Eastern ship builders brought a ship to the marina today. Take a look, West side.

Mikek

amdx

Oooops! ?

Reply to
Don Y

As of this time, it has sunk completely. Not even the top mast is visible.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Wants log-in info. Sucks.

Reply to
John S

Well I'm not mad at Bob anymore, I thought he ignored me! :-)

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Oil supply boat, no mast but it does have a helicopter pad.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

'guest' works for both.

If you go around 360*, you can't miss it.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 19:26:03 -0500, amdx Gave us:

Bob's yer uncle!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I've made similar mistakes on several occasions -- usually when trying to compose two notes at the same time. :< One of these days, I'm likely to "publish" something that was intended to be VERY private! :-/

Reply to
Don Y

Ya, when I saw what I did, my thought went to a name shift and making up an email pouring out all kinds of lurid private info.

Mikek btw, the suns up, you can see the boat better, but it was neat at night with the lights around the helicopter pad. Use Guest for name and password.

Reply to
amdx

Always amusing to see that much *above* the water line and ponder what sort of mass lies below! "Surely it should displace more than *that*!" :>

Reply to
Don Y

They had to purge most of the ballast to get it into the marina, which is in St. Andrews Bay. It has huge tanks for carrying drilling mud for oil wells. So it is setting very high. I'll be there later today, I'll see if I can get some markings.

Mikek

amdx

I checked the waterline numbers, it is setting at 12ft, the international load line mark is at 21 ft. So, it can sink 9 more ft.

Mikek

amdx

Wow! That's a sh*tload (boatload?) of mud! Still impressive to see how much stands (will stand) *above* the waterline!

Reply to
Don Y