Subject Author Posted Replies

LT Spice question
I got this model for a mosfet, FDB390N15A want to run it in LT Spice. I named my mosfet FDB390N15A and I did .lib and .inc and .mod too but it complains that it "can't find the definition of model...
3
3

Crowbars
Gentlemen, I need to protect some expensive RF transistors from over-voltage. They're fed from a linear supply which is notorious for shorting its pass transistors and putting 42V across these devices...
31
31

Split Ground/Power planes for sensitive analog, vs glitchy digital
I took a class many years ago, where they talked about creating separate power and ground planes for the analog and digital circuitry on a board. Of course, the ground planes would be joined at one...
54
54

another pcb in progress
will be a 3-phase power supply, specifically a permanent-magnet alternator simulator. The PCB and schematic are both revision A8. We ratchet up revisions of the schematic and PCB in sync during...
3
3

Engineers no longer designing with magnetics
Not surprising since the cost is at least $42,990 per Tesla.
2
2

TTL Data Book, 2nd edition, 3rd printing
At the town dump I found an almost pristine copy of the Texas Instruments "TTL Data Book for Design Engineers", second edition, third printing, copyright 1981, 9.5 inches tall by 6.625 inches wide by...
14
14

Super sensitive light sensor
I am trying to detect light in a range from complete darkness to a tiny bit of light. Imagine my test set - a shoe box with a mobile phone, that way I can make it ring and get light. The room light is...
8
8

Diodes, Inc
Diodes is lately a lot more than diodes. A similar case is Onsemi, a spinoff of Motorola that inherited the cheap gumdrop business but does a lot more now. Diodes has some dynamite new switchers, the...
42
42

OT: WARNING Landmine on Van Ness, SF (NB 101)
Someone dropped a box there. I made a sharp swing to the right to avoid it, and broke my front end. Might have been better to just hit it. The front wheel is shaking with squiring noise. Barely made...
20
20

negative impedance power supply
Has anyone designed a power supply with a negative output impedance? That could be a viable (ie sellable) low-cost alternative to remote sensing. There could be a user-settable parameter, output...
27
27

Onsemi RF transistors
one PNP sadly, and slow.
7
7

Toyota map DVD can't be read.
DVD can't be read, what to do? Toyota Solara with Navigation, which means map DVD. Two or 3 years ago, occasionally I'd get an error message when car first started so radio first tries to read the...
20
20

Heat sink lock in retaining spring
Anyone had the misfortune to encounter these? bought some for use with the appropriate heat sinks some years ago. While I did eventually manage to fit them, doing so seemed to require simultaneous...
13
13

Depletion FET regulator
What's the behavior of a simple regulator like the one in Fig 10, on start-up and shut-down? <>...
17
17

Qspice beta dropped
I downloaded and installed the Qspice beta. Despite many claims that it needs Win11 or a 64-bit Win10, it installed under Wine with no issues (Fedora 37). You do have to set it to mimic Win11 and not...
3
3