Onsemi RF transistors

Only one PNP sadly, and slow.

Looks like Central Semiconductor will still make the 2N4957 if you make it worth their while:

We could do a newsgroup group-buy! Put me down for...er, how much do you think they'll want per unit, again?

Reply to
bitrex

Yeah, but they can handle 20V and 50mA continuously.

Reply to
John S

Not at the same time.

Of course not. It would be too much to ask of them.

Reply to
John S

There’s allegedly the NTE2403. It costs $3 and is very thinly stocked, but is a bit better than the BFT92 overall.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The datasheet covers both the NTE2402 (NPN) and the NTE2403 (PNP).

RS Components claims to have 50 in stock, but they aren't the worlds most reliable distributor.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Phasecom built a bunch of CATV Head end equipment with PNP RF transistors, rather than invert their AGC voltage and use better NPN transistors. They were some oddball flatpack Japanese design, that popped like flashcubes if lightning hit within a few miles of the headend. I blacklisted them for all new purchases. Those transistors were around $8 each, unless you bought a reel of 3,000.

Reply to
Michael Terrell