another pcb in progress

This will be a 3-phase power supply, specifically a permanent-magnet alternator simulator.

The PCB and schematic are both revision A8. We ratchet up revisions of the schematic and PCB in sync during development; it will ultimately be released to the company library and to production as rev A.

I think we've gone beyond A20 a couple of times.

I was shocked at how much whitespace there is on the board. I should add some parts.

I just finished assigning signals to FPGA pins, trying to minimize crossovers, which is a huge nuisance.

There are some fast logic levels that are about 13" long and cross two reference planes and a minefield of nasty switching stuff, as much as

120 v p-p.

I can't make out much of the board with my current vision problems, but I know that it'll work well when it hits Rev A

Reply to
Michael Terrell

The pic is a screen shot and isn't high resolution. I've had four eye surgeries in the last few years and can sympathize. [1]

I hope this board will work well. If it doesn't it will probably blow up. We'll have two or three serious design reviews and I've simulated it a lot.

It's nice when you can sell rev A, the first one, with maybe a parts value change or a blue wire or two.

People here want to use blue wires, but I prefer red, the Scarlet Letter thing.

[1] Seems to me that The New York Times has fattened their fonts recently. Since mostly older people buy newspapers, they sure should.

Looks like a puzzle right now.

No doubt.

Yes, that will improve customers' perception as to your design abilities.

Yes, but you did it!! Yayy!

But you can handle it, cowboy.

Reply to
John S