LT Spice question

I got this model for a mosfet, FDB390N15A

And want to run it in LT Spice.

I named my mosfet FDB390N15A

and I did

.lib FDB390N15A.lib and .inc and .mod too

but it complains that it "can't find the definition of model FDB390N15A".

I never really understood how to connect LT Spice to imported models. The library is a .subckt.

Any ideas?

I've been picking a standard part from the library that seems sorta close, but I'd rather run the real thing.

Did you do the subcircuit dance?

You know, change the whatzis from M to X?

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Uh, could you please be less specific?

Place NMOS device.

Ctl-click (it's ctl-Rclick in Wine, but ISTR it's ctl-Lclick in Windows)

Component Attribute Editor comes up

Select "InstName", change MN to XN. This tells LTspice to expect a .SUBCKT instead of a .MODEL.

Select 'Value', change 'NMOS' to the correct subcircuit name, hit 'Okay'.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs