TTL Data Book, 2nd edition, 3rd printing

At the town dump I found an almost pristine copy of the Texas Instruments "TTL Data Book for Design Engineers", second edition, third printing, copyright 1981, 9.5 inches tall by 6.625 inches wide by about 1.5 inches thick, and 2.5 pounds.

The book was in with children's books (huh?), so nobody had noticed it.

Is anyone interested?

If not, back to the dump it will go, but in the technical books area.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Same here.

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

here there is many more categories; cardboard,paper,wood,plastic, glass,metals,electronics,furniture, building materials,garden waste, hazards materials, reusable clothes, recyclable clothes, probably a few more and the "the rest"

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Is there a scan of it on Archive.org? If not, you should donate it to someone like Bitsavers to scan and unload it.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

These electrons are from slightly earlier, but still good.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

søndag den 23. juli 2023 kl. 00.28.00 UTC+2 skrev Joe Gwinn:

mmm vintage electrons

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

A classic....The first edition provided endless hrs of reading on my Senior EE Advanced Computer Arch class....we designed a 8 bit ALU. Thank you for sharing J

Reply to
three_jeeps

here they have cameras with license-plate recognition, if it is a business vehicle they send a bill to the business ~$15-20 per trip depending on the size of the car also lets them keep track of how many times people have been there, and in some place check if you live in the area

here everything must be in clear bags and the people working there can get pretty grumpy if you are being stupid

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

snip

On visiting the dump, depends on where you live. We have family and friends a hour north of Boston. In that area, everyone visited the dump. A Saturday ritual was to load the trash in your vehicle and go to the dump. It has a number of areas - general garbage to be compacted, a shed loosely divided into some areas that have tables & shelves for: kitchen & household (small) appliances, electronic 'stuff', childrens things (toys etc.), and books (all kinds). The early to mid 90s was a rather good time to pick up 'old' PCs & parts, printers, old Macs, etc. Most of the time the electronic stuff we picked either worked and had minor issues. Haven't been there in 10+ years but I understand it is still the same. The dump serviced a number of townships around the area.

Reply to
three_jeeps

Don, you should write a book. Or maybe several books. You know, to let off some steam or something. Sort of like you do here.

Reply to
John S