Subject Author Posted Replies

Possible Alien Invasion at hand
Question for astronomers ?!: 1. How sure is it that this is a comet ? 2. Are there any pictures besides just vague dots ?!? 3. When can we expected more information/clear sight/visuals ? I am slighty...
19
19

RF transistors for PD cascode
I think you guys have talked about this... but I wasn't paying attention. I started playing with Phil's cascode input for TIA photodiode. I'm using a 2N3904 which is poor w/o the bias resistor*. There...
18
18

Intel Optane Memory
It appears Optane is a type of memory that is faster than Flash and cheaper than DRAM. So the only real use for it is as a cache between the CPU bus and mass storage. Because the hard drive interfaces...
18
18

AC-line supplies - under 1% loss
TI's TIDA-00961 PFC reference design, see link: is for a 1.6kW offline PFC stage, with a goal of under 1% total loss. In place of the customary diode bridge there's a totem-pole bridgeless PFC. It has...
27
27

relay logic
I think this is right. It was a minor brain sprain, after the banana bread and rum. Imagine designing an entire dial telephone system with relays.
29
29

intel 386 et al
Anyone know of a good handbook describing the machine code of Intel's 386's? A page describing each instruction along with some text about the various sequences caused by interupts and descriptions of...
5
5

Have graphs, but need to pick material with lowest Remanence
I have put three graphs of "Reverse Permeability as Function of Magnetic Field Strength" in this link, > I don't know what I'm looking at to pick the material with the lowest Remanence,( B_r,)...
2
2

OT: Unpredictability
Trump has fired gleapy old fossil John Bolton - in one of the best peace-oriented decisions of his tenure, and seems to be moving to avert a potential public health crisis among his base by clamping...
9
9

more inductor lies
This looks too good to be true. It saturates at about 60 mA.
6
6

joke Re: We have no privacy anymore
are all yours body fluids ok? (...purity of essences) "Unlisted" ha scritto nel messaggio news:
1
1

Re: We have no privacy anymore
Unlisted wrote in news: You are a complete idiot. A plane overhead does not... cannot look directly down. No one was filming you. And you being paranoid about it is pretty laughable. They do not give...
3
3

earphone deterioration
Twice, I've experienced earphones go dodgy in the same peculiar way: one side attenuates in volume. What might cause such a condition? If it's an intermittent solder joint, the sound would break,...
7
7

PCB wiring plots on clear plastic
Trying to find out what they are called. I remember doing my artwork at 4x with tape and taking it to a guy that had a camera the size of a large conference room to get them reduced to scale and...
20
20

Wiring Diagram Software
Can someone recommend a good wiring diagram software? Our needs: System schematic sufficient for an technician to hand-build pro totypes and production units. Ideally, would like something that uses a...
15
15

sin3 filter for delta-sigma
If I use an isolated delta-sigma modulator, like a TI AMC1306 or something, to pick off the signal on a current shunt, we'd build a sinc3 filter into an FPGA to make the data stream into, say, 16 bit...
18
18