Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Solar farm with batteries, to power LA
Discusses the ins and outs of LA's contract, for a 400MW AC, 530MW DC solar farm with battery storage: And an older article:
88
88

Where to get blob board?
I need to replenish my supply of blob board (see e.g. ). I used to get them from a guy on eBay who called himself BoardWorx, but he isn't there anymore. I could lay out some of my own, but I'd rather...
17
17

x-Chapters, 4x.3, 16 more pages about TIAs
Announcing a useful x-Chapter DRAFT section. Compensation of TIAs wasn't discussed much in AoE III, 8.11, pages 537-555. Mentioned briefly in 4.3.1.C, we assigned the topic to Chapter 4x. Here's...
18
18

delta-sigma modulator in LT Spice
Here's a second-order delta-sigma modulator, approximating an ADUM7703 in LT Spice. I don't think the integration constants (currently 1 us) matter. Gotta think about that. The output filter will be...
8
8

How to monitor night sleep ? (Recording audio at night/during sleep)
Hello, Serious question: Let's suppose strange things are happening at night, for example: 1. Neighbours making noises, talking, bumping doors. 2. Animals outside. 3. Planes flying overhead. 4....
32
32

Laptop Keyboard Backlight Colors
I'm looking at buying a new laptop and mostly I'm looking at the gaming mod els because they have proper keyboards with full size arrow keys among othe rs. One model I looked at had full height arrow...
17
17

Possible Alien Invasion at hand
Question for astronomers ?!: 1. How sure is it that this is a comet ? 2. Are there any pictures besides just vague dots ?!? 3. When can we expected more information/clear sight/visuals ? I am slighty...
19
19

RF transistors for PD cascode
I think you guys have talked about this... but I wasn't paying attention. I started playing with Phil's cascode input for TIA photodiode. I'm using a 2N3904 which is poor w/o the bias resistor*. There...
18
18

Intel Optane Memory
It appears Optane is a type of memory that is faster than Flash and cheaper than DRAM. So the only real use for it is as a cache between the CPU bus and mass storage. Because the hard drive interfaces...
18
18

AC-line supplies - under 1% loss
TI's TIDA-00961 PFC reference design, see link: is for a 1.6kW offline PFC stage, with a goal of under 1% total loss. In place of the customary diode bridge there's a totem-pole bridgeless PFC. It has...
27
27

relay logic
I think this is right. It was a minor brain sprain, after the banana bread and rum. Imagine designing an entire dial telephone system with relays.
29
29

intel 386 et al
Anyone know of a good handbook describing the machine code of Intel's 386's? A page describing each instruction along with some text about the various sequences caused by interupts and descriptions of...
5
5

Have graphs, but need to pick material with lowest Remanence
I have put three graphs of "Reverse Permeability as Function of Magnetic Field Strength" in this link, > I don't know what I'm looking at to pick the material with the lowest Remanence,( B_r,)...
2
2

OT: Unpredictability
Trump has fired gleapy old fossil John Bolton - in one of the best peace-oriented decisions of his tenure, and seems to be moving to avert a potential public health crisis among his base by clamping...
9
9

more inductor lies
This looks too good to be true. It saturates at about 60 mA.
6
6