What's this kind of terminal called?

http://tinyurl.com/yhvwr6x

is an inverter. If you select the second picture, you'll see the DC
input terminals. They unscrew so that a spade terminal such as this can
be connected

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4b28c58202c802bc2742c0a87e010679/Product/View/H3219

But what's the term used to describe the terminal on the device?

Sylvia.

Re: What's this kind of terminal called?

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4b28c58202c802bc2742c0a87e010679/Product/View/H3219

binding post

Re: What's this kind of terminal called?

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4b28c58202c802bc2742c0a87e010679/Product/View/H3219

Thanks.

Sylvia.

Re: What's this kind of terminal called?

Binding posts.

They sometimes also will accept banana plugs in the middle of the post, like
these do:

<http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/pdf/broadcast/2417073_6883_6884.pdf

but use of banana plugs for high current applications such as your inverter
is not recommended.

Re: What's this kind of terminal called?

Yes.

After Nik told me what they're called I was able to to find some in an
online catalogue. All my previous searches for screw, terminal and
connector, and combinations thereof, had failed to find them.

Sylvia.

Re: What's this kind of terminal called?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:59:05 +1100, Sylvia Else

RS Catalogue
Red Terminal Post  738-418
Black              738-402Good for 63 amps 60volt dc

Insulated terminal 30 Amp Various colours

All on Page 2758 latest cat.

John G.

Re: What's this kind of terminal called?

Yes, they're not difficult to find, if you know what they're called.

Sylvia.

Re: What's this kind of terminal called?

I was taught many many years ago that "binding post" is the American
name for what we Brits (and hence RS and Maplin) call a "terminal".
(Maplin goes half way across the Atlantic with "terminal post".) So
you also need to know where the questioner is.

Chris

Re: What's this kind of terminal called?

Google is your friend, if you know what term(s) to type in. If not, it's a
frustrating experience.

Re: What's this kind of terminal called?

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:58:24 -0800, Gloria West

Sylvia showed a picture of a 'male' binding post.

Site Timeline