what kind of connectort is this?

does anyone know the correct name or number of this connection?

It's on the end of a HD component cable DTC-100/S - I got it with my Canon camera. And even better if anyone knows of a cable that will convert it to red/blue/green phonos... Thanks for any help.

Reply to
tg

The connector looks like the 'mini centronics' type.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

thanks but is that the correct name for it or is 'mini centronics' a general term covering several connector types?

Reply to
tg

Probably like a SCSI II type. Try calling RAM Electronics.

greg

Reply to
GregS

select images and type in "mini centronics" and have a look.

Reply to
Meat Plow

yeah mini centronics seems to cover a whole range of different connectors so I'm non the wiser...

Reply to
tg

It doesn't. However I don't know a manufacturer.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Do you have something that uses that connector?

Reply to
Meat Plow

not at the moment

Reply to
tg

if I type 'mini centronics' into google it brings up a whole range of connectors, all different and all called mini centronics.

Reply to
tg

No it doesn't. You're getting confused / looking at the wrong thing.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Amphenol originated the original full size 'Centronics connnector' that was the classic printer connector.

The 'mini Centronics is also known as 'half pitch centronics'

Another name for the connector you want seems to be MDR14.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

okay and thanks for the links, I saw the 'half pitch centronics' connector and I think I'm getting the jist. The plug on the MDR14 looks like exactly the same plug as mine, so that's something. Unfortunately for me I need the opposite gender connection so it will fit my plug at:

Either that or an adaptor to make the two (same) genders meet. Thanks to your help so far, I'm making some progress.

Reply to
tg

I believe this would be:

part #T1501A-ND
Norcomp part #110-014-103L001 Datasheet:

It is listed as a male centronics backshell kit.

Reply to
JW

Oh. A MINI Centronics; I couldn't tell that from the picture. Never mind.

Reply to
JW

JW thanks so much for your help, I think you've cracked it. I went to

and managed to get hold of a technician on live chat and established that the female connector for my plug is a

110-014-203L001, digit key number T1507A-ND. I even tracked down a picture:
I ordered a couple of connectors and I'll have to make my own break out cable to red/blue/green phonos but hey it's better that nothing. Next thing I have to do is to track down the pin configuration of my 14pin plug so I know which pins carry the video ha ha. What a polava. Thanks again for your help.
Reply to
tg

I'd check those dimensions if I were you.

I suspect it's the full size Centronics type.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

oh god you may be right. Damn it if it is.

Reply to
tg

I think I've finally found it: the plug on the end of my HD component cable is a DX30AM-14P.

and the female for it is a DX20M-14S
that comes with a shroud DX30M-14-CV

but first I have to dry my tears over my previous mistake order. that digikey site is really something else though. The online live help is exellent.

Reply to
tg

Yes I do believe that's it.

Why didn't I think of Hirose myself ?