Plimer and Silicon Chip - Page 6

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Not so, the British for instance paid back every penny, Not sure about
Australia, but I don't think that the US supplied that much here.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

I can't say that that would have impressed any of those who were
actually doing the fighting

The you don't seem to get is the other allies made greater sacrifices.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   Cites?  Show proof.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

USA    0.32% killed
UK     0.94%
NZ     0.73%
AUS    0.57%
Canada 0.4%
India  0.43%
China  ~2-3%
USSR   14.18%
Poland 16%

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Total =  35.57 to 36.57% Where are the rest?

   The number of people killed, while very important wasn't all the
sacrifices made.  How about all the people rounded up and executed or
held in prison camps?  Civilians who died because their only local
doctor was overseas, or medicines were not available?  How about all the
military who survived, but were disabled?  Missing limbs, eyes, or
suffered gut wounds that only let them eat a tablespoon of food at a
time?  Ones who lost their hearing, or the ability to breath without an
oxygen tank?  Returning military who lost everything they owned, and
came home penniless, only to be told the government couldn't and
wouldn't honor the promises made when they enlisted, or were drafted?
Having the president order the military to shoot Veterans who refused to
leave the capital?  Read up on "The Bonus Army".

http://www.dav.org/about/History.aspx

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

that was 0.32% of USA population killed, 0.94% UK etc...

they weren't killed.

have you got any statistics?

everywhere had shortages and rationing.

seems about equal to the number killed for most forces.
but significantly higher for NZ and India and slightly
lower for UK.

sounds kind-of self inflicted.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   Did you read the link?

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Err,I took that to mean percentage of population or troops.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Maybe he should instead be thanking those allies who helped the yanks fight
wars in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan they had no real interest in,
(at their own expense, and largely with equipment bought and paid for from
USA companies I might add!) especially when even the UN was against the US
invasion of Iraq.
So the allies are still paying for any perceived war "debts" it would seem
to me. I think it's the USA who should be grateful now.

MrT.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

  Anything else you'd like to toss out?  The UN is a bunch of morons.
They can't even fly a plane without hitting a mountain.

<http://english.cctv.com/program/newshour/20091011/102143.shtml

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

"Michael A. Terrell Retarded Looney "

** The Yanks supplied Russia with inferior fighter planes ( P39s) that no
American wanted to fly against the Japanese or Germans. Gave a few of them
to black US pilots to fly too.

**  Utter bullshit.

.....   Phil

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

And also the only country to use WMD's against another country (ie Atom
Bomb)

Laurie.
Registered Linux user # 468070

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

"qmod"

**  Depends how you define a  "WMD ".

The USAAF was a weapon of mass destruction.

In one raid on Tokyo, 335 B29s destroyed 16 square miles of the city in a
fire storm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Tokyo#B-29_raids

Killed more folk and destroyed more property than the Hiroshima bomb.

Then there was Dresden,  of course:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II

.....   Phil

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   Gee, is your education that poor, or are you just stupid?  The two
bombs dropped in Japan, in Hiroshima & Nagasaki ended Japan's war
machine. In doing so, it saved millions of lives.  The japanese were
convinced that their emperor was god, and that they couldn't be
defeated.  they were prepared to let every man, woman and child die to
prove it.  After the two warheads were detonated, they suddenly realized
that they had nothing that could stop a weapon like that, and
surrendered.

   Find and read the book Hiroshima by John Hersey.  It tells of six
survivors of the bombing of Hiroshima, and the efforts of a Japanese
doctor to treat people with radiation sickness.  See for yourself what
the Japanese military thought of the civilians, and how their emperor
treated them. The doctor's name was Masakazu Fujii.  It was written in
1946, and has a lot of detail from the doctor's diary.  I bet you won't
read it, because you are just another gutless loudmouth.  If you do read
it, you will probably vomit several times.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

Err, what part of the fact do you have trouble with or are you looking in
the mirror?

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

  Yawn.  You're snipping to create lies, as usual.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

 "Michael A. Terrell Retarded Looney "

** The Russians built and flew their own planes against the German
vasion   - tens of thousand of them.

    Your claims are utter crap.

 **  Even more utter  BULLSHIT.

....  Phil

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   What is a 'vasion'?  They only buit a small percentage of the planes,
when compared to what the US supplied.

   Everything you utter is bullshit.  Take your medicine and get some
sleep.

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

The Russians built 36,163 IL2 and IL10 aircraft, are you saying that the
  US gave them more planes than that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-2

Re: Plimer and Silicon Chip

   I said we BUILT MORE PLANES than Russia.  They wouldn't have taken
planes through the Lend Lease program if they could buiild everything
they needed.