OT: NearMap

Just discovered this:

Very high res, better than Google Earth/Maps The photo of my house (Baulkham Hills) is very recent, last 1 or 2 months tops. And check out the "Multiview" feature and you get a true North/South/East/West perspective of your house!

Just incredible...

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

**Very impressive. I replaced my pool cleaner hose a couple of weeks ago and I can clearly see that fact. I note that the pile of bricks from in front of my garage were moved too.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I completely missed the "timeline" above the image. My place was taken on

20th Oct, as was my work place. Looks like you'll be able to scroll though the "timeline" of photos once they are available, awesome!

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

And here is what they use:

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

And here is what they use:

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

And here is what they use:

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

**Yeah, mine was taken on the 14th Nov. Had it been taken in late October, my old hose would have been noticable. The new one is white, the old one grey.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

And here is what they use:

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

lOOKS GOOD FOR THE CITY, BUT NOT SO GOOD FOR THE BUSH.

Google earth is better for close ups in my neck of the woods by a mile.

Regards, alc

Reply to
alc

And here is what they use:

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

alc"

Reply to
David L. Jones

Doesn't look like they did cairns at all.

--
Laurie.
Registered Linux user # 468070

What am I doing wrong? All I get is a bunch of pixilated crap. Mike

Reply to
amdx

I got that once, all of Sydney was heavily pixelated. Shutting down and reopening the site fixed the problem. Many areas have hardly any detail, so in this case all you will get heavy pixelation. Try Sydney as a reference point first.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Agreed, looking at my old house in Mount Colah, I can see the bins and the individual power line wires. Where I live now though, the pictures are 6 years old and you can't even make out the roads.

Reply to
keithr

I was just about to say the same thing.

The latest picture is from 2004 and the resolution is so poor that it's not even possible to distinguish mountains. :-)

--
- Mike
Reply to

WOW!

with a new picture at that resolution every week or two, there will be some lovers cars found in driveways with this one. :-)

Nice find Dave.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Australia\'s Father Of Scientific & Industrial Research
http://www.georgejulius.com
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Even for some city areas Google seems to be better, but it is pretty hit or miss. I took a look at the Captain Cook dock (Garden Island, Sydney). Google has higher resolution of the one end than the other. At the north end of the dock you can clearly read signs painted on the ground "Dismount bicycles here". With nearmap I can see the signs but can't read them (not helped by the fact that there is a join running through one of them, and the alignment of the two images is a bit out).

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said... : :Just discovered this: :

:Very high res, better than Google Earth/Maps :The photo of my house (Baulkham Hills) is very recent, last 1 or 2 months :tops. :And check out the "Multiview" feature and you get a true :North/South/East/West perspective of your house! : :Just incredible...

... and utterly useless outside the capitol cities, it seems.

Reply to
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

I've got images from 3 dates about 2 weeks apart. We've had some rains recently, and I can see the change in the colour of our lawns. It looks like a handy tool to compare the general health of the lawns, and possible location of drainage issues.

Reply to
dmm