Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

.....like anyone else, but his is silly:

http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_13564.htm

13,650RPM!

A typo, I expect. Nonetheless, a two speed battery drill with 1,300 RPM high
speed for 60 Bucks seems pretty decent. Those crappy Chinese drills that top
out at 500RPM are far too slow.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

"Trevor Wilson"

** Not likely at all.

That drill is  SMALL  and a small 24V DC motor can easily rotate at 50,000
rpm.

Notice that supplied bits include a 1.5 mm size -  which operates best at
speeds above 10,000 rpm.

However, the figure for torque looks wrong cos 25Nm and 4550 rpm equates to
over 12kW.

....  Phil

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

Magnetic battery ???

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

Hehe. One or the other perhaps. Most DC motors have a fairly linear
torque curve between maximum torque at stall and zero torque at
max RPM. The midpoint would be 3KW, 125 amps at 24 volts. Still
seems too high by about 4x.

Anyhow, who wants to sling that huge battery pack around? I wonder
if it's still NiCD, and banned elsewhere so they're being dumped
here.

Clifford Heath.

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

They say it is a magnetic battery.

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

"F Murtz"

**  We heard you the first time .....

 Likely there is a magnet that holds the battery onto the drill.

 Or maybe you think " Steak Sauce" is made from steak  ??

.....  Phil

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

It appears to have the same buttons as a normal drill to disengage the
battery So I still wonder what they meant.There is some research into
magnetic batteries but you would not be using one in a drill.

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

Perhaps, like Ryobi, there is a magnetic tray on the battery to hold bits.

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

Come on Phil, get real. You don't expect Wilson to have the intelligence to
take those issues in, do you?

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

**Read what I wrote, moron.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Now, I like a high speed hand driver/drill....

"1200w motor".
 I would hate to think
of the injury potential if something failed, assuming you could lift
and control it with both hands ;)

I took a pic of the advertisement outside the store at the time with
the mobile.

Site Timeline