Godzilla lives underneath Japan.? - Page 2

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

I don't doubt that, but the way this bloke made out to be dead accurate
on predicting the original quake was the bit that got me.

So I was interested to see how his supposed 100% accuracy record would
go on the 13th - FAIL.

The news jocks always seem to dig up these characters at times like
this.

--

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Plate

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Which says that with Japan, its sliding over a quite different plate to whats
happening at California, stupid.

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Roddles
Which way is the plate moving? Is it ducking under in Nippon or riding
over???

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

movement may also occur elsewhere in

happening at California, stupid.

The pacific plate is moving under the eurasian plate.

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?
major movement may also occur elsewhere in
whats happening at California, stupid.
Shame you can't move onto a clue not supplied by google

--

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Thanks Roddles.

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Thank Google!

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

correction.

But thats got nothing to do with what Japan has seen, thats a different pair
of plates shifting over each other. By 2M very likely, thats one hell of a shift.

One of the GPS stations in Japan quite literally moved by that much.

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?
correction.
shift.

Shrug, only if you are not accustomed to earthquakes.
FWIW, plenty of points move by 2m in Australia with the seasons
It is the 8m drop in one of the plates that is interesting.

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

movement may also occur elsewhere in the

correction.

of plates shifting over each other. By

Wrong, as always. Thats hardly ever seen.

Not from one day to the next they dont.

Nope.

Site Timeline