Aussies wait for Google Instant

Sep 9, 2010 12:34 PM
New interface claims to save 11 hours every second.

Google last night unveiled its Instant search interface that suggested and
displayed search results while users typed.

The tool leveraged more powerful infrastructure in Google's data centres and
could save two to five seconds per search -
11 hours every second if it was used globally, Google claimed.

Instant was launched last night in San Francisco. A spokesman said it would be
deployed on Google.com "in the coming
days", and on Australia and New Zealand sites "in the coming weeks".

Full Story at:
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/231533,aussies-wait-for-google-instant.aspx

However Aussies can try it out direct, by going to:
http://www.google.com/ncr

Cheers Don...

=============

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Aussies wait for Google Instant

displayed search results while users typed.
could save two to five seconds per search -
deployed on Google.com "in the coming

Overall I like it but I wish they would give less of a summary for each
item to allow more on a page to see it better. Not that google cares what a
user thinks.

Site Timeline