Amplify sound from headphone output on TV ?

Anyone know how I can boost the volume from the headphone output
on my stereo 68cm Teac TV ?

The problem is I have it plugged into a sound system via audio in
(RCA) but the volume is very low compared to when I play a CD
or listen to the radio.
Have turned the TV's headphone volume right up but still doesn't
do much better.

I've been told a small amp won't fix my problem.

Any ideas ?

Boozo.

Re: Amplify sound from headphone output on TV ?

A small amp will fix your problem.  Whoever told you it won't is an idiot.

Fraser

Re: Amplify sound from headphone output on TV ?

Well that's what I wanted to get but the sales "boy" at Jaycar said it
wouldn't
work.
Thanks, Boozo

Re: Amplify sound from headphone output on TV ?

finger to keyboard and composed:

The headphone output should be much higher than an audio line level
output. You shouldn't need an amp if things are working properly.

-- Franc Zabkar

Re: Amplify sound from headphone output on TV ?

As far as I can tell(without putting any test equipment on it) everything is
working fine. I just need a bit more volume from the headphone jack.
Listening with headphones is fine but not through the sound system.

Boozo.

Site Timeline