Amplify sound from headphone output on TV ?

Anyone know how I can boost the volume from the headphone output on my stereo 68cm Teac TV ?

The problem is I have it plugged into a sound system via audio in (RCA) but the volume is very low compared to when I play a CD or listen to the radio. Have turned the TV's headphone volume right up but still doesn't do much better.

I've been told a small amp won't fix my problem.

Any ideas ?

Boozo.

Reply to
Boozo

A small amp will fix your problem. Whoever told you it won't is an idiot.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Well that's what I wanted to get but the sales "boy" at Jaycar said it wouldn't work. Thanks, Boozo

Reply to
Boozo

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:15:22 +1030, "Boozo" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The headphone output should be much higher than an audio line level output. You shouldn't need an amp if things are working properly.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

As far as I can tell(without putting any test equipment on it) everything is working fine. I just need a bit more volume from the headphone jack. Listening with headphones is fine but not through the sound system.

Boozo.

Reply to
Boozo