Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices. Did you ever come across a web site that offers deals that seem so good, you didn't want to tell anyone else about it, as you wanted to...
45
45

Toyota to create a social network for cars
By Brett Winterford on May 23, 2011 Becomes 'friends' with Japanese auto giant Toyota has adopted 's Chatter service to bring its vehicles into customers' social networks. The initiative, dubbed...
18
18

Mythbusters tonight
** See SBS 1 - 7:30 to 8:30 Mythbusters: Bug Special " Adam and Jamie take a crack at a bee-related myth based on a viral video. They test whether 1000 honey bees are capable of lifting a laptop....
5
5

NBN question they haven't answered (that I can see) - plus a few others
It's my understanding that if you accept installation of the NBN they will install a number of cores (2 I presume) into your home from a street located FOBOT/ aggregation point. It's my understanding...
7
7

Solar Panel installations dangerous
**See: " The audit by Fair Trading focused on installations in Port Macquarie, uncovering 29 per cent had potentially life-threatening electrical defaults and 64 per cent were in breach of the Home...
12
12

Thoughts on onboard car camera systems...
Been considering such a system for the car - but not sure whether to go for a purpose designed system (expensive, presumably) or make up my own? I have a Swann 4 camera pvr similar to this laying...
2
2

AD: SimmStick Clearance.
This is a one time posting: (flames expected of course) SimmStick was designed and first sold in 1996 by Dontronics, and our world wide dealers. It was aimed mainly at PIC and AVR micro projects. We...

PIR sensors
In my quest to find cheap stuff I found that you can buy battery operated PIR sensor lights from Ebay for less than $5. The build quality isn't great, so you wouldn't trust them as primary sensors in...
2
2

120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?
The latest GetUp campaign is claiming there are 120,000 homes and businesses in NSW now with solar power systems installed (or presumably in the process of being installed). I knew the numbers sky...
12
12

Re: NBN home and hosed
No thanks, they have compulsory demand tariffs there. which is (cough) almost five times the That last is WAY out. Thats a lie. There was always a potential to lose, even the labor scheme had a time...

Run Linux in Browser
Run Linux in Browser [Qemu Javascript Emulator] Author: Tarandeep Singh on May 17, 2011 We often use emulators like Qemu, Virtualbox, VMWare to virtualize another Operating systems on a different...

Transformer testing
I have in 50 ac tranny@ 40 amps , it's unmarked but is 240 primary however how to id windings , any suggestions as of course I wont be just plugging stuff in , ex telecomms
5
5

New Connector Simplifies and Shrinks JTAG Connections
New Connector Simplifies and Shrinks JTAG Connections Dev-Monkey. By Jon Titus You never know what you'll see at an Embedded Systems Conference. During the San Jose, CA show in early May 2011 I met...

Altronics solder - any good?
Has any one experience with the Altronics noname Pb/Sn solder, does it work ok? Flux ok? Just wanted to check before I put down my $50.......
26
26

Specification on an SRF1930Q
Anyone ? equivalents ? or a site that will offer an equivalent Tia B
3
3