120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

The latest GetUp campaign is claiming there are 120,000 homes and businesses in NSW now with solar power systems installed (or presumably in the process of being installed). I knew the numbers sky rocketed with huge feed-in tariff, but wow,

120K! Can anyone point to any official stats that show this number? Seems like just last year it was only a few thousand. Not that I'm really surprised I guess, and I don't doubt the number, when I look down onto the Hills suburbia from up high it seems like every man and his dog has solar panels now. IIRC there are about 1.6M homes in NSW, so 120K is around 7.5%

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

"David L. Jones"

** Bet it is a wild guess and includes solar water heaters.

" There are LIES, damn LIES and STATISTICS "

Then there is the total fiction published by Greenies.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I have just returned from a train trip from Darwin to Sydney plus side trips. Did alot of gazing at the towns villages and cities, as you do.The site of solar panels or heating was a rarity until we got back to Sydney. They stand out here much more than other places we passed through or visited.

Metro....

Reply to
Metro

: :"David L. Jones" :>

:> The latest GetUp campaign is claiming there are 120,000 homes and :> businesses in NSW now with solar power systems installed (or :> presumably in the process of being installed). :> I knew the numbers sky rocketed with huge feed-in tariff, but wow, :> 120K! :> Can anyone point to any official stats that show this number? :> Seems like just last year it was only a few thousand. :> Not that I'm really surprised I guess, and I don't doubt the number, :> when I look down onto the Hills suburbia from up high it seems like :> every man and his dog has solar panels now. :> IIRC there are about 1.6M homes in NSW, so 120K is around 7.5% : : :** Bet it is a wild guess and includes solar water heaters. : : " There are LIES, damn LIES and STATISTICS " : : Then there is the total fiction published by Greenies. : : :.... Phil :

I leave it to you to find the figures here

Ross Herbert

ote:

Thanks. From this document I get just over 25,000 systems installed in NSW by March 2011 Around 130K total Australia wide. So it looks like they have goofed and taken the Australia wide number and made it out to be for NSW in this full page ad in the SMH:

The Australian Solar Energy Society is the one who made the claim.

Dave.

Reply to
Nicole

I forgot the speadsheet with the figures:

1.xls

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Immedialtely after the NSW Govt announced the 60C feed in tariff, there were Solar Companies offering 1.5 KW systems in NSW at no cost to the home owner. The 5 X RECS offered by the Feds was enough to foot the entire bill. The blowout in the NSW installs happened in the last part of last year and up till now , so its quite possible that the installs have rocketed in the last 8 months.

Reply to
Mauried

I wouldnt trust anything GetUp says, I signed up to their campaign against internet censorship a while back and have been receiving emails wanting support for some of the most fruit-cake subjects, including support for the carbon tax recently, if you can believe that anyone takes that seriously anymore. They would appear to be some sort of Green / trade union shill group and that says it all.

Reply to
kreed

A friend of mine worked for a company that sold solar installations. Just before the rebate was pulled they were giving installs away for free, I got a system myself totally free except for a $200 meter. The night that the govt pulled the rebate 2 weeks early, they sent a pallet load of applications up to Canberra. This was just for one state. He said there were pallets and pallets of applications there and they had so many applications they weren't doing the income checks.

Reply to
Mickel

Which rebate? The Federal one is still there (5xRecs soon to be 4XRecs) NSW still $20 FIT.

Reply to
terryc

If you are going to get one, get in soon before this entire carbon pollution scam collapses. Looks like the carbon tax alone is killing Gillard

Reply to
kreed

Maybe. At least under Gillard, breeding units are going to be give a bit of money, whereas under the mad monk, we all pay anyway and the emitters get rewarded. Hell in a hand basket either way.

Reply to
terryc

yes but it is being reduced. from 5 to 4

Reply to
kreed