Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Aluminium cat5 cable?
I just purchased some cheap cat5 cable off ebay only to find that it isn't copper or copper clad aluminium (CCA). I cannot solder it. At first glance I thought is was just tinned multi-strand copper,...
3
3

Convert AC RMS to DC
I'm trying to measure 240V AC with a data acquisition box that will measure up to 10V. So I used a transformer to take it down to 6.3V AC and then a bridge rectifier and cap to make it DC. The voltage...
4
4

bin laden isnt dead , just think about it for a moment..
bin laden isnt dead. just think about it ............ the mastermind of 9/11 , you THINK the us government wanted him killed ??? of course not , all the info , intelligence etc ... on other planned...
5
5

Revolutionary new paper computer shows flexible future for smartphones and tablets
Revolutionary new paper computer shows flexible future for smartphones and tablets ScienceDaily (May 4, 2011) ? The world?s first interactive paper computer is set to revolutionize the world of...
3
3

Web Sites with Free Shipping, and other Tips.
Web Sites with Free Shipping, and other Tips. Posted on May 6, 2011 by Godzilla I had numerous web shopping sites scattered about in bookmarks and Email messages, so I decided to place them all...

OT: Overly complicated technology that doesn't work
This is a short rant prompted by the fact that I'll have to wait longer than I expected for my dinner. When I was a child, we had a simple gas oven. It had a mechanical thermostat that controlled the...
98
98

Pass Transistors
Basically I need some 2n3055 to3 cased (preferably)style Bipolar (hello philthy) trasistors with a higher voltage rail around 80 to 100 vdc Suggestions ?
12
12

Australia: Google wipes Street View data, guts cars
By Liam Tung on May 5, 2011 6:09 AM (25 minutes ago) Update to kill sniffing software. Google has deleted its Australian Street View payload data, which it revealed last October included emails, URLs...

Google Shopping comes to Oz
Google Shopping comes to Oz by Chris Jager on May 4, 2011 After four long years, Google Shopping has finally launched in Australia, listing everything from microwaves to digital cameras, external hard...
19
19

Sydney rail outage caused by 2 capacitors (and bad system design)
Full report at On the morning of the April 12th, 2011 the ATRICS system located at Sydenham Signal Box suffered a failure which resulted in a loss of control for points, routes and controlled signals...

Switch mode question
Is it permissable to run a couple of dc switch mode supplies in parallel to gain extra current capacity ? What are the potential problems Tnx
11
11

Solar Installation
I am just getting quotes for a domestic, grid connected, solar installation. Being on the side of a hill, my house has a slightly unusual layout, with a patio on the top level. I would like to...
5
5

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchangerate.
Don McKenzie wrote Thats just plain wrong. They all survived the GFC because they werent allowed to do what the stupid yanks allowed theirs to do. Same thing happened with Canada too, not one of their...
2
2

OT: Bin Laden Dead?
In the last few minutes: Was first reported that Obama would address the US nation Sunday night, and the speculation was that they got Gaddaffi. Latest reports now is that it is Bin Laden they got....
34
34

Icom R7100 Service Manual
hi All, I have a Icom R7100 Service Manual for sale at $10 + postage, comes in a good binder with all pages within plastic sheaths. It weighs 1.5 kg so it might be easier to pick up from Watsonia....