Thoughts on onboard car camera systems...

Been considering such a system for the car - but not sure whether to go for a purpose designed system (expensive, presumably) or make up my own?

I have a Swann 4 camera pvr similar to this laying around spare :

, runs off 12v, so no problems there. I'd prefer it was running 24/7.

I'd be interested to hear of your experiences or suggestions on any purpose designed systems, or whether or not the Swann pvr will be adequate for the job - and if so, what cameras would be best for the job? I'd like to have 360 degree coverage ( a big ask I imagine) and enough resolution to read number plates in a variety of lighting conditions.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
Jeßus

Altronics have one on special at the moment. Part no. S9430 - $299.00

Don't know if it would be suitable for what you want

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need. Or find new components at

Alan

Not quite, but it's an option and interesting in of itself, so thanks anyway, cheers.

Reply to
Jeßus