Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fibre option LED extender?
I'm looking for a way to route the light from an LED indicator on a pre-made module, to the front panel of a device. What I think I'm looking for is some kind of fibre optic arrangement, with a bezel...
1
1

Best value AA rechargable batteries?
Most of my rechargeable AAs are getting a bit sad, time to buy some new ones. I thought I'd ask here, as you guys would likely save me a lot of time looking and comparing... thanks. NB: looking for...
20
20

Resistor size
What is the size of this surface mount have drawn it as close as I can ?
4
4

Bit of useful info for owners of old Canon powershots
Just in case anyone is struggling with extending the life of their old Powershot G2 (good optics so it's worth keeping round a while longer IMHO).... Some googling will tell you that there are no...
2
2

New class of lightbulb
Which is really useful, Not. A quick perusal of the article indicates it was about getting the electronics down to a size to fit into a consumer standard x type light socket.
2
2

A hifi bargain...
Bybee Holographic AC Adapter RRP: $2,795.00 Now $2,295.00.
67
67

How do you take spare batteries in an aeroplane
You are not permitted to take "loose" batteries on an aeroplane although battery operated devices are permitted. How can you pack spare batteries so that they meet the airlines requirements.
6
6

battery question
the power went off recently, and the UPS protecting the PC, etc., failed to kick in, so I'm guessing that the battery needs replacement, since it's at least 5 years old- maybe even up to ten years...
58
58

Perpetual energy investors...........
You conspiracy nuts always think the government is evil and out to get us. They're here to help us, duh!
9
9

Yellow Pages
I'm finding the YP next to useless these days. It throws up way too many entries from all over the place, regardless of how specific the search term is. Are they trying to appear more relevant?.. as...
6
6

USB Charger electrocution
Hi All, No doubt you have all read or heard about this recent story; It seems to me a lot of double-insulation has to fail, in both the USB-Charger and in the laptop headphones and laptop charger, to...
19
19

Warning over USB chargers after woman dies from apparent electrocution
"Don McKenzie" ** The cause of death has not been determined - from the very sketchy details, it seems possible it was due to faulty USB charger being used with a mobile phone. The woman's laptop may...
18
18

LED 'fluoro' tubes
"Rod Speed is an Idiot " ** Shame it is complete fact. ** ROTFLMAO !! Mad Rodbot solutions !!! ** Fraid it is an absolute fact. ** Bullshit. ** Bullshit. ** Fraid it is fact. ** Totally irrelevant...
20
20

Silicon Chip magazine not on shelves anymore?
Silicon Chip magazine not on shelves anymore? I gave up subscribing to SC about 12 months ago, however there have been some recent articles on MicroMite, I have been interested in reading, so I tried...
7
7

USB microscope behaviour
I bought a USB microscope from China on Ebay. It shows a rather odd behaviour: The microscope is being rotated about its axis. The text is not moving. Note how the axis of rotation is around the 'f'...