How do you take spare batteries in an aeroplane

You are not permitted to take "loose" batteries on an aeroplane although battery operated devices are permitted. How can you pack spare batteries so that they meet the airlines requirements.

Reply to
Gordon Levi

Take all of your home remote controls with the batteries inside?

Put them in the luggage for the hold? (I don't know about this but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find out - better to ask airlines than newsgroups.)

--
.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
Reply to
~misfit~

Take a spare device to carry the batteries, the guard may want to see the device operating.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

I was hoping for something a bit more convenient. Perhaps an "approved container"? I only take rechargeables so I am content with 2 each of AA and AAA. My mobile spare comes in its own charging container and my USB charger can take two of the others.

They are not permitted in any luggage. On board or in the hold.

Specifically, who should I ask?

Reply to
Gordon Levi

On a short trip, revert to buying primary batteries at your destination.

Same problem as with gas canisters for hiking stoves, and many other things airlines dont like.

Most stuff like that can be bought locally, as long as you know beforehand.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

As Adrian said primary AA and AAA batteries can be bought pretty much anywhere in the world. Why bother fighting airlines over transport and lugging rechargeble cells there and back?

You know the old saying.... "Take only pictures and leave only flat batteries". ;)

--
.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
Reply to
~misfit~

My next trip includes four stays of only from one to three nights. I could probably take your advice and buy spare batteries at each stop in case the batteries I'm using fail there. Then I could discard half a dozen batteries at the airport in preparation for buying new ones at the next stop. I can't bring myself to do that although I agree that the cost would be negligible compared to the air fare.

True, but I can't think of any others that I would need for an overnight stay to change planes.

Reply to
Gordon Levi