$1b electric car infrastructure deal - Page 3

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

No, I already said I don't believe your piffle.

MrT.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

**Here is what ONE Sydney council spent:

http://www.hurstville.nsw.gov.au/_upload/files/Breakdown%20of%20Infrastucture%20Plus%20Charts.pdf

Here's more information:

http://www.hurstville.nsw.gov.au/PageZone_AboutCouncil.asp?z=2&c46%6&p11%41

All of these funds were sourced from ratepayers (regardless of their car
ownership status).

Here is a list of local governments in NSW:

http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/dlg_LocalGovDirectory.asp?index=1

You can research how much each spent on roadworks if you like. I don't have
the time.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

EXACTLY ! MORE TAXES.

Graham

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

**Just to fill you in on the precise nature of the discussion, we're talking
about how the general population contributes to the cost of roads.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

talking

And how motorists contribute to general taxation.

MrT.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

about how the general population contributes to the cost of roads.

Nope, motorists are very heavily subsidised by general taxation.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

Still not holding my breathe waiting for proof on that load of "piffle".
Even the pollies aren't stupid enough to claim that!

MrT.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

Lol, they generall claim it is a fee for services provided, like
rubbish collection,
that road to your door/driveway,
rain water drainage,
stray dog control,
etc, etc, etc

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

Which of course is rubbish, or they would charge for each specific service,
and let those who don't need them save some money.

MrT.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

When they start doing that,then you will be on a hiding to hell and an
empty bank account.

Lol, I'd love to see rubbish collection charge by weight. I'd hear the
chorus of screams all around as the big truck lifts the overflowing
megabins every week.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

Coming in the UK. And one guy got fined for allowing his bin's lid not to
be closed due to excessive contents by about £220.

Graham

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

Not me, I'd save a fortune.

I get a discount for having a small rubbish bin already.

MrT.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

Which council?

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

http://www.hurstville.nsw.gov.au/_upload/files/Breakdown%20of%20Infrastuctur
e%20Plus%20Charts.pdf
http://www.hurstville.nsw.gov.au/PageZone_AboutCouncil.asp?z=2&c46%6&p11%41

So you DELIBERATELY ignore what I posted two or three times already :
"Make sure you include all motoring related taxes, levies, duties, excises,
fines, etc, federal, state and local." just to make an incorrect assumption?

You also ignore the fact that non-motorists also use the roads and footpaths
for public transport, push bikes, walking, and especially for road transport
of all their consumer goods and most other services as well. Why I wonder?
I would love to know just who in Australia can manage without reliance on
the road network one way or another, in the last century?

MrT.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

Well, back then,roads were much more basic and didn't require complex
engineering to cater for 4 tonne behomeuth charging along at 120km/hr.

Plenty of people got along with out motor vehicle. My ancestors moved from
Victoria to NSW by walking.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

Irrelevant.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

Very relevant in that I and lots ofother people do not need the "road
network" as you call it to get around. I do not need mega highways between
capital cities, four/six lane free ways, 2 lane major motor ways, or even
two way streets to get around, go shopping, buy stuff and carry out my
business.

I am very happy with the many alternatives that exist.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

You are in a tiny minority. Modern economies require high mobility.

Graham

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

I didn't say that I wasn't mobile,

Which is NOT synonymous with a expensive road network.
Nor any measure of "good"

e.g 10 stores in our main street mainly selling cheap plastic crap and
other junk from China.

Re: $1b electric car infrastructure deal

I did say in the last century!
Name one person who does not have any food, goods or other services
delivered by road?

MrT.

Site Timeline