Deal extreme

For anyone who likes deal extreme, here's a similar site. They seem to match deal extreme's prices to the cent and have many of the same products. Anyone have any others similar?

lightake.com

Reply to
Mickel

Dealextreme spammed the f*ck out of me (never heard of them before, and never bought from them before), and then expect me to come running to buy their crap, when I could get same/similar crap locally for less.

And you expect your spammed suggestion is going to be any better?

Yeah, watch how fast I go.

--
What does ignorant mean?
Reply to

There's always one idiot.

Reply to
Mickel

Spamming is a modern-day version of door knocking. Those type of sellers have ONE particular deal in mind, and it's THEIR deal. I've very rarely had them to be negotiable.

So if you knock on my door, don't expect me to buy your gear, internet plan, phone plan, religion, aluminium siding, vacuum cleaner or whatever shit-in-a-box you happen to be selling today.

Because odds are, I either *already* have something cheaper, or can get it cheaper if I were actually interested in whatever you're selling.

I'm probably on the right track, because I've had friends that say "talk to my mate at so-and-so, he can give you a better deal below whatever normal deal prices are at". And I *STILL* manage to find it cheaper, even if it's shipped across the country.

"Idiot" has a rather wide definition, and sending people out on the hope they're going to sell over-priced crap to me is probably one of those. Email is worse in my books, because not only is it a figurative way of door-knocking, it's ultimately lazy.

So there.

--
Who glued the cup to the table?
Reply to

Strange, dealextreme is one of the least spamming people I deal with. I never get emails except when buying.May be you ticked some box or other inviting it ?

Reply to
F Murtz

Great point but what relevance does that have to my post. I was NOT spamming, this is more like word of mouth. Surely I have to have some sort of vested interest to actually be spamming. I've been frequenting this newsgroup on and off for 10 years and have rarely or never posted links like this before. I thought it was relevant considering someone just mentioned deal extreme. Lightake are a very similar company but might have something different that someone is after.

I don't give a shit what you do.

If you can why don't you make yourself useful and post information about where we can get such deals cheaper instead of moaning about how expensive these web sites are. ie put up or shut up pal.

Do you want a medal?

I've got links to plenty of good stuff from here and thought it would be worth contributing. You seem to be one of those people who like to crack the sads just because it makes you feel superior. If you don't like the link

Reply to
Mickel

Call it what you want Fred, it's still spamming. This is an electronics based group, not whitegoods. (even if your whitegoods contain electronics). This is an Australian based group, not China. (even if we can deal directly with China).

You were saying nothing other than it's yet another site that sells crap.

Surely. And don't call me Shirley.

It wasn't a reply to someone mentioning Dealsdirect. It was an unsolicited (no-one had asked for it) statement that if you like one, you'll probably like the other.

Probably a good thing.

I do. In context. I don't shout it from the rooftops, however.

I have lots thanks, did you want one?

Naw. I just felt like jeering you up a bit. I could have killfiled you last week.

--
The further I go, the behinder I get.
Reply to

Interesting that you didn't reply to my point about me not having a vested interest. That means you basically agree with that point (even if you don't admit it to yourself). Hence you agree it was not spam. Naturally I wouldn't expect someone like yourself to admit to that.

Both completely irrelevant points.

It was in response to the previous thread that did mention dealextreme. I thought it was a new topic asking if anyone had any similar sites so posted it as a new thread. Get over it john and go cry somewhere else.

All you are doing is being obstructive. My thread asked if anyone had similar links, this could be useful information to many people as I'm sure many people use dealextreme. You are just putting people off from posting replies while posting nothing yourself. All the while claiming you have some great knowledge about cheaper deals. If you have them then post them, otherwise stop being a git.

Reply to
Mickel

**Agreed. I hardly ever hear from them.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Irrelevant, but then they all say that(no interest).

Reply to
terryc

I have been using dealextreme for years and have never once received spam.

Reply to
David Eather

I didn't say anything because I don't know (if he has a vested interest). The fact I said nothing about it doesn't change anything else.

--
Prosecutors will be violated
Reply to

Actually spammers will send something to multiple newsgroups and say nothing. They don't hang around to discuss it afterward and they don't participate in the group. The definition of spam from wiki is sending out bulk messages of some form. Quite simply my message was not spam. John just likes to get his nickers in a knot for the hell of it.

Reply to
Mickel

Lol, easy to see you have little experience with spammers. Quite often they do hang round looking for a response. See it so often over the decades.

Reply to
terryc

I wish that was true.

Quite often

What, like 3 times in 10 years. You know it might actually be possible that I am telling the truth you know. I must say these sort of conversations are why I frequent newsgroups a lot less these days. I was posting a simple link, either respond with something useful or ignore it, it's not complicated.

Reply to
Mickel

Lol and they also desperately try to keep up the facade. I take it you are not selling much. In any case peeps mike look at the site, but unless there are some good deals there, it will stay dead. Have fun.

Reply to
terryc

You are the only one becoming desperate here.

I'm not selling anything. Can you get that through you thick skull?

This is why I don't frequent newsgroups much anymore. There's always some d*****ad who wants to take offense to the simplest of things. Can you imagine if you were at a bbq and someone mentioned a new website they've found that had some good deals. Instead of just saying thanks you start whining and crying about them spamming you. Seriously, take your behavior out of the context of a newsgroup and have a look it.

Reply to
Mickel

I've got both those characters blocked for those reasons. I only see their posts when someone replies to them. It is amazing how a persistent tosser or three can decimate a good NG.

Reply to
Dennis

Yes. I was hoping I might gain some useful websites similar to dealextreme from this thread but they appear to have scared everyone off who might have posted.

Reply to
Mickle

Try dealexcel.com and madeinchina.com

Reply to