Raspbarry Question

H.

h the

Could do, but there is also WinSCP. It's an explorer like implementation

of scp, and it will read your saved Putty sessions, so extremely easy to

get going.

---druck

Reply to
druck

Why use an add-on? Try FileZilla (

) - available for Windows (client and server) and Linux (client).

--

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to

KN> Apologies for the delayed reply, I only just subscribed KN> to this group. KN> KN> My solution would be to run the pi "headless" (at least most KN> of the time, and use ssh to login to it, then first start a KN> terminal multiplexer (screen or tmux), and in one of its KN> windows start the BBS software. You can then disconnect at KN> any time, the terminal multiplexer will maintain the KN> session, and you can reconnect to it at any time.

Thanx....

IB JOE AKA Joe Schweier SysOp of Joe's Computer & BBS Telnet: joesbbs.com

Reply to
IB JOE

[...]

Apologies for the delayed reply, I only just subscribed to this group.

My solution would be to run the pi "headless" (at least most of the time, and use ssh to login to it, then first start a terminal multiplexer (screen or tmux), and in one of its windows start the BBS software. You can then disconnect at any time, the terminal multiplexer will maintain the session, and you can reconnect to it at any time.

You can use PuTTY on Windows to access the Pi, or the ssh command in any Linux system. SSH must of course be enabled on the Pi.

To install screen you problably just have to refresh the list of available pkgs, and install from the raspbian repository.

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install screen

An example script for bash / screen for showing a few logfiles in real time:

#!/bin/bash LAUNCH=0 screen -ls # show current status # get current status ACTIVE=$( screen -ls|awk '/\.shlog/{printf "%s",$1}' ) if [ -z "${ACTIVE}" ] then # not active, create a start script grep -v -E "^#" >~/.screenrc "$f" t=${f##*/} printf 'screen -t %s tail -f -n 256 %s\n' "${t%%.log}" "$f"

done # less ~/.screenrc # for debugging: show screenrc # read -p "press enter to continue " ans screen -U -S shlog # start session with name shlog else # resume active session, with all windows as they were. screen -D -r "${ACTIVE}" fi exit 0

Hope this helps,

--
Regards,
Kees Nuyt