Folder Appears in File Manager But Not in Terminal

Hello--I'm running Jessie on a Raspberry Pi 2. There is an empty folder called "Documents" that appears in the root Directory Tree of the GUI File Manager. However, when I use the cd / ls command in Terminal, "Documents" is not shown. When I try to move it to the Trash while using the File Manager, I get an error message saying "No such file or directory." How can I delete it from the File Manager?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
RRansil

Ah. If this sis a gnomish sort of GUI I think you have a deep dark trail to follow.

At some level certain 'folders' are made default. They are always there, they will always appear on the file manager, and they cannot be deleted, in my case they were then recreated by the window manager. It looks as if in your case they are not recreated but appear as phantoms.

IIRC I found a XML config file after a long internet search that c9ontrained the information.

its shoes.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The File Manager does not start at /, but ~/ (your home directory). Try cd; ls

--

-TV
Reply to

Yes, that is correct, but when I select / in File Manager, the problem folder "Documents" appears to be present in the root hierarchy. It's not there when I use the command line in Terminal.

Reply to
RRansil

I don't know if this is a gnome GUI. The File Manager is the default one that comes with Jessie.

I'm not sure, but I don't think the "Documents" folder shown in the File Manager under root is default. I may have created it by mistake when I attempted to move a folder from the Desktop to the Documents folder in my home directory; I may very well have entered the wrong command line path.

Reply to
RRansil

There are ways to reset the file manager back to defaults *if the folder wasn't in the default view*.

But they are a bit specific to the window and file manager in use, and I don't have a pi...to play with. I just like to lurk..

--
Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time the quo has lost
its status.

Laurence Peter
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher