Function is in System.map but not in /proc/ksyms

Hi,

I use

int function_name() { /* some stuff */ } EXPORT_SYMBOL(function_name);

in a .c file and modified the Makefile to include the appropriate .o file in export-objs

Everything compiles fine, function_name appears in System.map like this:

c0020bb0 T function_name c015682c R __kstrab_function_name c02352ac R __ksymtab_function_name

However, when I try to insmod a module that uses function_name, it's unresolved.

when I delete the line with EXPORT_SYMBOL in the .c file, the "R-entries" in System.map dissapears. (Not surprisingly still unresolved on insmod)

Either way, the symbol does not appear in /proc/ksyms on the target hardware, which is pretty strange, because all symbols that are successfully in /proc/ksyms look the same in System.map (one T-entry, 2 R-entries)

Probably I do something wrong, could somebody give me a hint?

Thank you very much,

FS

Reply to
Friedrich Seuhs