Dist-upgrade shows new kernel, but it's not installed.

Today I ran apt-get dist-upgrade on my Raspberry Pi (Jessie) and saw
that the packages included "bootloader" and "kernel," in addition to
many others. I rebooted when the upgrade was finished and was surprised to
see that the kernel was the same as the one that was installed prior to
the dist-upgrade (4.14.98-v7+ #1200 SMP Tue Feb 12 20:27:48 GMT 2019
armv7l GNU/Linux). I think the date on the kernel shown in the
dist-upgrade listing was in April, but don't remember. Why didn't the
dist-upgrade install that kernel?

--
Ray

Re: Dist-upgrade shows new kernel, but it's not installed.
Sorry, I mistakenly called the Raspbian version "Jessie," but it's
"Stretch."

--
Ray

Site Timeline