Can YOUR system do this?

a.k.a. Oberon's remarkable HCI available on rPi
wily :Plan9's copy of ETHO is also good; without Font & colour 'pasting'.
=> I'm posting this effort to rPi group also:--
Did I post my work on HOW2 set rPi's /boot/C*ext for a suitable Frame
& font size? My email is screwed since I lost permission to use ETHO.
Has ALO got Open/Store procedures for FAT & unix yet, or should I just
copy some code from exiting ETHO procedures?
I didn't continue testing V5 because it couldn't access the outside-world
-YET.
We need to be able to roam the complete directory, and launch
from anywhere, like the factory-manager who knows and can control
anything. LEO is great for that.
If you've got several ALOs running, eventually it's confusing : "where is
this one based?"
Here's a good trick, for someone to explain to the M$-boys:
in the launched-dir, under linux: pwd >> pwd
then when in ALO, klux pwd, will show the file:pwd with eg:
/usr/local/ALO140418
This is not ideal, since it contaminates the launced-dir with the
file:pwd.
Also we need to be able to access any file in the dir-tree from whereever
that ALO was launched. LEO is great for that too.
Perhaps Linux:V4's start script shows how to. IIRC it uses links.
I never suceeded in understanding it - *YET*.
Right now I'm writing in ALO. If I was in LEO, I could just search/find/
copy
& paste the V4-script, right here, ALL ON THE SAME SCREEN.
I'll paste it after I move this ALO originated text to the PC for mailing.
[Now back in PC:linux:LEO, this post is already too long!]
That's how tasks are interlinked & complex.
That' why we need several files viewable TOGETHER.
Which the ETHO family gives us.
Let's pasteNklux:-
System.ShowCommands ARMDecoder.Mod == ARMDecoder.Decode
ARMDecoder.Decode Hello.Mod == Object file dump
Name: Hello Tag: 245 48 Key: 00000000
Code size: 124 Var size: 0 Strconst size: 12 Entries: 1
Pointer
s: 0 TDescs: 0 Imports: 2
Imports:
4905336C Out
49053365 SoftFloat
...etc. bl..bla
Code:
Procedure World:
00000000 E92D5000 STMDB SP!, {FP LR }
00000004 E1A0C00D MOV FP,SP
00000008 E25DD008 SUB S SP,SP,8H
0000000C E59FB04C LDR RB,[PC,+4CH]
( = 96
( 00000060H) )
00000010 E50CB004 STR RB,[FP,-4H]
...etc. bl..bla
?! Surely this is not actual disassembly of ARM machine code?
It's the carry-over from X86 ?
-> Linux: dd if=Hello.Obj | hexdump -C {LEO can do this, without
switching to
linux}
00000060 b0 9f e5 04 b0 0c e5 48 b0 9f e5 08 b0 0c e5 0c
|.......H........|
00000070 b0 a0 e3 04 b0 2d e5 3c b0 9f e5 04 b0 2d e5 01
|.....-.
Reply to
Unknown
So, basically, ETHO is a tool for randomly stringing words, symbols and files together? No wonder it never sees any real work.
Reply to
Jack Ryan
English isn't his first language, but I suspect he writes unreadable German too.
Reply to
Rob Morley
One might suspect that his first language is gibberish.
Reply to
Raymond Wiker
Doggerel
Reply to
tony van der Hoff
]> Unknown wrote: ]> ]> > For the F/B twitter kiddies, the above is a UNSANATIZED log of using ]> > ETHO for a REAL task. ]> ]> So, basically, ETHO is a tool for randomly stringing words, symbols ]> and files together? No wonder it never sees any real work. ]> ETHO aka Oberon is a langauage and an OS - descendant of Pascal. Despite using ETHO for several years, only after becoming familiar with *unix "piping", did I realise that ETHO provides a similar approach, although less explicitly.
]English isn't his first language, but I suspect he writes unreadable ]German too.
It was an 'engineers log/notes'. Music scores aren't written in prose. If you want poetry, why don't you join the girlies' social forum. =========== I want to speak to the Indjun-year; not the sales clerk !
Reply to
not.socialnetwork