ARMv8.1?

sible.

if

so

I've not come across these myself, but will certainly watch out for them in future. How does Amazon get away with selling totally illegal things like t hose pepper sprays (even dilivering them illegally)?

--
W J G
Reply to

Well yes equipment that is poorly manufactured does not conform to standard & is illegal is likely to be dangerous regardless of the actual plug type.

this page does at least highlight the things to look for.

--
The bugs you have to avoid are the ones that give the user not only
the inclination to get on a plane, but also the time.

Good question - but I can't find them on Amazon now.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

In comp.sys.raspberry-pi message , Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:17:27, rickman posted:

See, at , formerly the International Earth Rotation Service, which I think was based at the Paris Observatory.

I have a mental picture of a several muscular men, attired variously each in his own national dress, all sweating at a large crank-handle protruding from the Earth, while being supervised by a beret-wearing gauloise-smoking chap with a striped jersey and draped in strings of oignons, the Tour d'Eiffel being in the background..

--

 Merlyn Web Site <                       > - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.
Reply to

In comp.sys.raspberry-pi message , Sat, 15 Apr 2017 11:09:21, Morten Reistad posted:

If the earth's rotation rate remains sufficiently constant, about 3300 years, as I recall; but it would be better to change from the Gregorian Calendar to having, in years divisible by 4 but not by 128, an extra day, at the end of December.

--

 Merlyn Web Site <                       > - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.
Reply to
Dr J R Stockton

If any month gets another extra day, it's February again, seeing that it was robbed by both Julius and Augustus.

---druck

druck

In comp.sys.raspberry-pi message , Tue, 18 Apr 2017 21:39:42, druck posted:

One would change the months January to November to be 30 days & 31 days alternately, with the rest of the 365.2425 days being in December, which would be usually 30 days and sometimes Leap to 31 days. It would be easy to simplify Zeller's Congruence to do that.

--

 Merlyn Web Site <                       > - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.
Reply to
Dr J R Stockton

Sorry, February is cold and dark and we can use a couple of days less of it.

Changing the days in the months does nothing to sort out leap years.

--

Rick C
Reply to

What a parochial, nth-hemisphere view. Feb is perfect swimming weather here - bring on the extra days!

Scatter a few 'Sols' during the year to eat up the 0.2425 days?

--
Cheers,
Chris.

I see a vast bureaucracy of sponging freeloaders.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Reply to

well turn around until your arse faces Westminster and Brussels then

And fart in their general direction.

--
?it should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Changing to having months of 30 & 31 days alternately simplifies calculations, but gives a 366-day year. That is easily corrected by subtracting a day, approximately three years out of four, from any chosen month.

Zeller's Congruence begins by adjusting the year to start on March 1st, directly after the variable-length month, and using a linear approximation rounded to integer to find when each of the first eleven months ends. The length of the last month does not need to be known, because it just lasts until the end of the year. Our "Feb 28/29 days?" rule, is superseded by an equivalent "Year 365/366 days?" rule.