ARMv8.1?

Which 64 bit architecture is in RPi3, ARMv8.0 or ARMv8.1, because I'd very much like to use the new atomic instructions giving operations on memory directly?

Reply to
Gareth's Upstairs Computer

I have RPi-3/Jessie here, so if you tell me the magic command to check I'll find out.

--
Cheers,
David

lshw is usually a goldmine on most linux systems (don't know about the pi3)

--
Finally, Zippy drives his 1958 RAMBLER METROPOLITAN into the faculty
dining room.

It's a Cortex A53 so I believe that makes it v8.0.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

On 17/03/2017 12:19, alister wrote:

OK, here's the output, but this is on a 32-bit OS - oh, ... and I don't know why three CPU cores are shown as disabled - the Pi shows four cores used with htop.

pi@raspi-13:~ $ sudo lshw raspi-13 description: Computer product: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 width: 32 bits *-core description: Motherboard physical id: 0 capabilities: brcm_bcm2710 brcm_bcm2709 *-cpu:0 description: CPU product: cpu physical id: 0 bus info: cpu@0 size: 1200MHz capacity: 1200MHz capabilities: cpufreq *-cpu:1 DISABLED description: CPU product: cpu physical id: 1 bus info: cpu@1 size: 1200MHz capacity: 1200MHz capabilities: cpufreq *-cpu:2 DISABLED description: CPU product: cpu physical id: 2 bus info: cpu@2 size: 1200MHz capacity: 1200MHz capabilities: cpufreq *-cpu:3 DISABLED description: CPU product: cpu physical id: 3 bus info: cpu@3 size: 1200MHz capacity: 1200MHz capabilities: cpufreq *-memory description: System memory physical id: 4 size: 925MiB *-usbhost product: DWC OTG Controller vendor: Linux 4.4.6-v7+ dwc_otg_hcd physical id: 1 bus info: usb@1 logical name: usb1 version: 4.04 capabilities: usb-2.00 configuration: driver=hub slots=1 speed=480Mbit/s *-usb description: USB hub vendor: Standard Microsystems Corp. physical id: 1 bus info: usb@1:1 version: 2.00 capabilities: usb-2.00 configuration: driver=hub maxpower=2mA slots=5 speed=480Mbit/s *-usb:0 description: Generic USB device product: SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter vendor: Standard Microsystems Corp. physical id: 1 bus info: usb@1:1.1 version: 2.00 capabilities: usb-2.00 configuration: driver=smsc95xx maxpower=2mA speed=480Mbit/s *-usb:1 description: Generic USB device product: AIRSPY vendor:

physical id: 5 bus info: usb@1:1.5 version: 1.00 serial: AIRSPY SN:466C64C8246383C7 capabilities: usb-2.00 configuration: driver=usbfs maxpower=500mA speed=480Mbit/s *-network description: Ethernet interface physical id: 2 logical name: eth0 serial: b8:27:eb:f0:7e:67 size: 100Mbit/s capacity: 100Mbit/s capabilities: ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt

100bt-fd autonegotiation configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=smsc95xx driverversion=22-Aug-2005 duplex=full firmware=smsc95xx USB 2.0 Ethernet ip=192.168.0.83 link=yes multicast=yes port=MII speed=100Mbit/s pi@raspi-13:~ $
--
Cheers,
David

Yes, a good point, working throught that manual now.

Thankyou

Reply to
Gareth's Downstairs Computer

If you are running a 32 bit OS, it will look like a 32 bit processor, and won't give you any information on it's 64 bit capabilities.

You also don't need to install lshw, lscpu comes as standard on Raspbian.

---druck

druck

Which on a Pi3 gives:

Architecture: armv7l Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 4 On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 4 Socket(s): 1 Model name: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l) CPU max MHz: 1200,0000 CPU min MHz: 600,0000

Reply to
A. Dumas

12GHz? that's pushing...
twenty-first century?s developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Riiight. $ LANG=EN lscpu Architecture: armv7l Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 4 On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 4 Socket(s): 1 Model name: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l) CPU max MHz: 1200.0000 CPU min MHz: 600.0000

There's also: $ cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l) BogoMIPS : 38.40 Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32 CPU implementer : 0x41 CPU architecture: 7 CPU variant : 0x0 CPU part : 0xd03 CPU revision : 4

[3 more processors]

Hardware : BCM2835 Revision : a02082 Serial : 00000000foobar

Reply to
A. Dumas

Only 12 GHz?

As the units are given as MHz I make the numbers to be 12 THz and the formating well borked.

Now is that formating "borked" due to the posters locale or really borked? Tries lscpu and a zero and 2b, it's locale and four 4 decimal places.

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Have you had a lok at /proc/cpuinfo?

--

-TV
Reply to

Not b0rked, perfectly fine & correct (for my locale). See my follow-up.

Fun:

A. Dumas

I have not even taken it out of the box, which will wait until I'm au fait with the machine code.

Reply to
Gareth's Downstairs Computer

Remember you'll need a 64 bit OS, instructions here:-

---druck

druck

No region has 4 noughts after a comma separator, dear.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That?s nothing to do with the locale, the program just asks for four decimal places.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
Reply to

That depends on what function the comma is performing. As a decimal point there can be any number of digits after it. As a thousands seperator only three digits (in base 10 at least...).

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It looks as though more nationalities use a comma for the decimal point than use a full stop, which surprised me a bit. See here:

martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
org       |
Reply to
Martin Gregorie

If the EU could have harmonized just one thing that actually needed harmonizing...

What useless bunch of Cnuts they turned out to be.

--
"If you don?t read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher