ARMv8.1?

Quite agree. The unfortunate thing is that such people often end up killing others :(

--
W J G
Reply to

Which is safer (marginally) than the device my father referred to as "Plug, Signals mark one" - two matchsticks with wire wound round the ends pushed into the old UK round pin socket.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

I think you'll find that those multiway power strips that allow you to use the plug upside to open the shutter do not pass the UK standards. They're the cheap stuff using the lightest wiring and metal possible and are total different to the collection of MK products I've collected over the last 40 years.

Yes I use them, but for low current and low unplugging/plugging uses (behind the TV, stereo etc.) Anything which may see frequent use is a quality item.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Arrr, Them were the days!

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Posted without comment.

 (\_/)
(='.'=)  "Between two evils, I always pick
(")_(")   the one I never tried before."  - Mae West
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 23:05:42 +0100, Dr J R Stockton declaimed the following:

Please swat me on the head -- I did know that (and if I were enumerating the leap-day rules rather than looking at fractional years... leap day in years divisible by 4 except if also divisible by 100 unless it is divisible by 400...

Dennis Lee Bieber

Those sockets are switched - that's for girlies and little children.

N.B: For all those who dislike the droppings box as much as I do: Always change that dl=0 to dl=1 and avoid the hassle.

--

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to

So for your final exam, did we have a leap day in year 2000? Or is there another layer to the progression?

--

Rick C
Reply to

P hope you used a chassis PLUG so that your cable had a SOCKET on the end otherwise you would have a serious safety issue (& yes I have seen someone wire a plug on both ends of a cable as an extn cable_

--
"You are old," said the youth, "and I'm told by my peers
	That your lectures bore people to death.

"I have answered three questions and that is enough,"
	Said his father, "Don't give yourself airs!
Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?
	Be off, or I'll kick you downstairs!"
Reply to
alister

you cant make anything fool proof, fools are too ingenious but BS1363 does try to prevent accidental errors

--
Time sure flies when you don't know what you're doing.
Reply to

seen in a shop by a friend of mine whilst working as a field service engineer:-

4 gang Extn. skt with no attached cable. connected to the mains by a cable with a plug on each end. & just for final nail in the coffin the cable was TV Coax!

needles to say he chopped this into tiny pieces & gave the store manager a serious ticking off.

--
I love ROCK 'N ROLL!  I memorized the all WORDS to "WIPE-OUT" in
1965!!

Post marked as "Valuable"

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Reply to

Of course: the one with the mounting screw holes and that the standard PC cable plugs into is the only obvious one to use, regardless of the actual connector configuration.

Don't forget: the object of this exercise was to allow me to power a UK

13 amp socket strip in Any Random Country by simply walking into a shop, buying a PC power cable, and connecting it to my modified power strip, so OF COURSE I used the correct chassis-side connector - nothing else would have worked.
--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Heh. :)

-- (\_/) (='.'=) "Between two evils, I always pick (")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

And for how long will it work before it, too, goes out of alignment by one day.

-- mrr

Reply to
Morten Reistad

At some point is will be easier to just change the rate of rotation of the earth rather than do all the math required to track it. lol

Rick C
Reply to
rickman

In comp.sys.raspberry-pi message , Fri, 14 Apr 2017 09:37:51, mm0fmf posted:

I think otherwise, though I've not read BS1363 itself. See "PlugSafe Protecting BS 1363 - the world?s safest mains plug and socket" at , final section "Loophole in BS 1363".

All readers who use UK-type plugs and sockets should read the whole of the site, including what the tabs on that page lead to, and other links - and shudder.

--

 Merlyn Web Site <                       > - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.
Reply to

Ah. Remember that one well. Probably the most beautiful cartoon he's ever done.

--
W J G
Reply to

Not yet.

Maybe we'll need a new rule stating that years divisible by 3200 are not leap years.

--
/~\  cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)
\ /  I'm really at ac.dekanfrus if you read it the right way.

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 11:09:21 +0200, Morten Reistad declaimed the following:

I vaguely recall a program for an old HP calculator that may have included terms for either 4000 or 40000 year corrections.

Dennis Lee Bieber