Subject Author Posted Replies

Panasonic 27XF25CW 27" TV Horizontal Line until warms up
Hi, I'm a new user to this group. I have the above TV - GAOO, circa 2006,with the following symptoms. When the TV is turned on and cold, there is bright horizontal line in the middle of the screen...
5
5

Is there any adjustment to focus on a Samsung SC-D353?
Just got this unit in and it doesnt seem to be focusing at all or exposing the video properly All I get on the screen and on the cartridge are whited-out fuzzy blobs moving across the screen where...
1
1

How would you test a sensitive gate TRIAC?
Trying to fix something for a family member, and suspect the NTE56041 TRIAC is faulty. Only I have no idea as to how to test this device. Anyone have any ideas? TIA for any help... Dave
6
6

Please help Identify
Hi All, I decided to try my hand at restoring an 'antique' electronic item Down in Margate, South Africa, these seem to be very hard to track down. I just picked up this valve set at a 2nd hand...
8
8

Part ID: Sony IC
Comes out of Sony SMPS board for a Sony plasma KE-32TS2U. Board ID is PSE324. Has a shorted 2SK2717, and several .47 ohm surface mount resistors. Problem is is that there is no drive from the...
3
3

IC reverse engineering
bob

Digital Projector Filters-DIY?
"Off-brand" digital projector bulbs are much cheaper than OEM, but they don't generally come with air filters. Does anyone know of a cheap source, or perhaps what type of foam to use to cut your own?

Coax cable used for DC instrumentation
Hello, I am working with an instrument which outputs 0-5mV, and that signal has to reach a sensing device 35' away. I am concerned with noise, and I don't think shielded cable will work well enough....
30
30

Zeners in series...
Hey there, could somebody take a quick look at this circuit and try to explain me what's the purpose of the 2 zeners near the interrogative point ? Here's the schematic: they are working as voltage...
7
7

Hmmmm ... Yet another solder compound ...
Arfa
8
8

Update: 3.3V vs. 3V dilemma
To bring this little saga to a close, I built a little AC adapter for my Fuji Finepix digicam: brought in 5 volts from a little Samsung wall wart, put the regulator and an electrolytic cap in a film...
18
18

CFL on photo on/off?
What is the problem with operating a CFL on a dusk to dawn device that uses a photo sensor? Does it suffer the same fate as running the CFL on a dimmer that is full on? That's my guess. My motion...
19
19

hacked by a battery charger?
bob

Crack propogation to inside an IC
Dropped Yamaha XR800F mixer amp, numerous problems mainly around a cracked board. Crack mechanics dealt with and trace bridges function. But the crack ended at pin 6 of a 28 pin SRAM Winbond...
9
9

Clueless customers
I need to rant... Welcome to life in the slow lane. I got an email from a customer asking what type of contact cleaner to use on his laptop keyboard. I grab the phone, call, but too late. He had...
37
37