Norver model NU-1C single channel FM and subcarrier receiver.

Is anyone familiar with these radios? They were originally furnished to the blind. This one appears to be tuned to 90.1MHZ. I don't know if there is still any sub carrier stuff around but in any case I would like to see if I can change the receiver frequency. There is a crystal but perhaps there may be enough room to move without replacing it. Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

FM channels are on 200 kHz centers. I doubt you will be able to rubber the xtal that far.

Reply to
tm

You can Change the crystal. Is the crystal the metal can type? If yes replace it with a 27 MHZ type. These are normally found in Toy cars remote control.

Reply to
fynnashba

But why would I use a 27 MHZ crystal in an broadcast band FM radio? Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper