RCA TV 27F530T, ch ITC008KC3 Width Problem

Hi,

An RCA TV, model 27F530T, ch ITC008KC3 (mfg. 11/03) came into my service shop with a width problem. There is a little too much width (overscan), and the width is constantly fluctuating a little. I do not have a service manual for this model TV. Anyone run into a problem like this with this or a similar model?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

On larger sets with the same chassis, you have to solder the connectors going from the main board to the EW pincushion board. You MAY have to cut the wires, & solder them directly to the board. The wires are blue, & also brown. Otherwise you MAY have a failing part on the mainboard, or on the little pincushion board. The RCA/GE B2B site is down, the last two days so I can't give you any more info. Hope this helps. Dani.

Brad wrote:

Reply to
Rono

Reply to
Art

Do this asap or the HOT fails, this is diffcult one to trace, it is the 3 thick (two brown and blue) wires harness with 2 connectors the problem, connectors are either milky clear or black. This goes between chassis just by the fly and the small pincushion board.

Cut connectors off, pull pins (melt the solder while doing so,) and solder these wires in directly. This fixes the problem.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.