Zenith SJ7571BG dead set

These are the symptoms.. We plug the set in and then press the on/off button the LED flashes for a second and nothing, the voltage at the collector of the HOT fluctuates between 120 volt and 130 volts.. NO HV. We checked all electrolitics and resistors, we did some resoldering. What chassis is this.. ? Could not find any ID on the tags..Thanks for your time

John...

Reply to
drradio1

The module that needs work is a 9-968-01 forgot to mention this

Reply to
drradio1

You didn't check all the electrolytics, I'll wager. Very common problem is an open 100uf cap in the power supply. Very good model you have there, normally worth repair. I'm not near the set now to tell you exactly where the cap is, but basically the center of the power supply board which is the board to the right looking from the rear of the set, about 3-4" in from the rear.

Reply to
RonKZ650

Good day, the cap you are talking about is a 100uf/160 volts cap that did replace, I replaced a few caps in the power supply that did not test OK...I am in shutdown and I cannot find the reason for it, I removed the kine board and still no HV??

Reply to
drradio1