Philips DPTV305 dead with loud chirping

I ran into one of these with a loud chirp-chirp of an over-loaded power supply. I took it apart and looked at the main board, and i seen where the fluid had leaked all over it. not real bad, but it was pretty evident. so like i do every other board, i removed it, and sprayed it down with hot water and baked it at 175-200F for about two hours.

then let it cool down, and i checked the HOT and HV out transistors, and they are fine.

hooked it all back up, and it still chirps. i checked all secondary diodes and capacitors on the power supply and they are fine. ESR is fine. however the main input filter cap on the module was bubbled up, so i replaced all 3

470uf at 200v caps. to make sure. they ESR checked fine, but that didnt mean anything.

Still chirps. I removed plug 1516 that feeds power to the STK convergence amplifier, it still chirped. so something has shorted somewhere in the main HV/sweep/power supply module where the fluid leaked. didnt leak anywhere else, no residue left behind.

any ideas? or am i stuck replacing the entire sweep/power module?

Reply to
Mike

nevermind. i figured it out. i found a 330ohm short on the 130V HV supply line. well 130v into 330ohm load, well ya know, anyway.... thats why it chirped.

but heres the kicker: there is a hidden board beneith the flyback transformer that you dont see. its actually a little circuit that drives the flyback. so instead of having a HOT and all that good shit, you got a little FET driver board like in a tesla coil or something.

wel turns out some fluid got on the supply rail inside that board, and shorted out the fets. so i changed the fets and resoldered that board, and cleaned off all the fluid and arc residue. and will see what it does. if it blows the fets again, i can get the flyback/driver combo for like $60 bucks. it comes in one peice.

Reply to
Mike

quoted text -

what a sad pathetic troll loser wanker.

Reply to
Paige D'Winter

Enough about you, with you it is always you, you, you... How about anyone else?

Reply to
PeterD

and your stupid. so STFU noob..

Reply to
Mike

you want to come over here and make me shut up?

Reply to
Paige D'Winter