weird 2-line caller id problem

I have an AT&T 2462 2-line, callerid expandable phone system. I have 2 phone lines plugged into it, a regular land phone line, and a Vonage (internet phone) line. When BOTH phone lines are plugged in together, the caller-id information doesn't show up. but if i plug in each phone line by itself, it does work. I have a different (Uniden) 2-line phone, that works fine with both phone lines together. That's crazy enough. What's nuttier, is that for a few hours after i set up the system, the

2 phone lines WERE working together, then they stopped. I thought maybe it was some setting on the base that i changed, but i went through every setting, changing it, and nothing helped. I called AT&T, and they said that it needs to be replaced. It seemed to me from the conversation that the lady had no idea what the problem was, and she was just saying that to get me off her back. Does anyone here have any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
alandy

I have the same problem with my AT&T 2462 - Did you ever get help on this?

Thanks.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Wrote:

--
djeanfor